Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Launching W10 Apps... but can't launch Forza Horizon 3... any ideas?

SkyHighGam3r

Hey everyone,

I am using RocketLauncher with HyperSpin on Windows 10.

I've long had an Xbox One wheel that has a "Stream from Xbox One" entry.
This entry uses the PCLauncher 'emulator'/module to launch a .bat file with the following:

start xbox:

This has worked like a charm.

I bought Forza Horizon 3 on my X1 yesterday, and was stoked to find out I got a free copy for PC. After figuring out it's a stupid W10 App, I installed it and played around to make sure it worked well.

After that I proceeded to setup the entry for HyperSpin/RocketLauncher using the same method as outlined above. I then TESTED the .bat file, and it indeed does launch the game.

The problem I have though, is for some reason if I launch this .bat file using RocketLauncher, the game doesn't start and RL eventually just times out...

Does anyone know how to fix this? I was incredibly excited to add this to my setup...

• 1 year later...
On 9/29/2016 at 6:38 PM, SkyHighGam3r said:

No, it seems something in Windows latest update is preventing RL from launching any reviews of the crazy bulk these bat files.

Interestingly, I've also found that my pbp files won't launch via RL anymore either.

I don't know what's going on, but it sucks lol

I m having a similar issue and yep it suck big time ?

I haven't had this issue in quite a while - I can't recall exactly how I fixed it. I know that newer Metro-Apps have slightly different start functions for the commands I was using.

Everything's been working so smooth I'd have to see exactly what I set it all to - but it should be running either batch files, or some run from a standard shortcut that I believe points to a special W10 shortcut.

Is there a specific app or game you are trying to launch?

Archived