Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

(Tutorial) Hyperspin Android Overview and Install

thatman84

​Thanks thatman84 i have that pack but some ini files are missing and these are the ones i need like GOG,Popcap,Bigfish Games.I have fifty systems set up with media.Forty seven systems working so far and counting thanks to this forum

I don't have those inis because there not currently able to be emulated by android

• 2 weeks later...

Sound like a media issue, are you getting the intro video?

for main menu you need

main menu.xml in Hyperspin/databases/main menu (lists all your systems, case sensitive, matching all your system folders, xml's and settings)

images for your main menu system list in

hyperspin/media/main menu/images/wheel

themes and videos for your main menu go in

Hyperspin/media/main menu/themes (& videos)

5 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Sound like a media issue, are you getting the intro video?

for main menu you need

main menu.xml in Hyperspin/databases/main menu (lists all your systems, case sensitive, matching all your system folders, xml's and settings)

images for your main menu system list in

hyperspin/media/main menu/images/wheel

themes and videos for your main menu go in

Hyperspin/media/main menu/themes (& videos)

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I do get the intro video, and the system menus work fine, just not the main menu.

Your zip file does not contain a Main Menu folder in the Media folder, so that must be the issue.  Any reason you didn't include it?

1 hour ago, cowgod said:

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I do get the intro video, and the system menus work fine, just not the main menu.

Your zip file does not contain a Main Menu folder in the Media folder, so that must be the issue.  Any reason you didn't include it?I did not post a main menu ini. What exactly do you need. A main menu theme? 

On 31 October 2016 at 1:22 AM, badhemi said:

Here is all my system themes see if you need the ones that don't work

https://mega.nz/#!HZMmhKAS!em43BHENgJHM--OWbtILIP7DzwckbvKF2UK1KB_iU40

im correct in saying this is your main menu themes @badhemi? I grabbed it and fixed your turbografx 16 one to display the background correctly

im good for main menus. I have not really started on default themes for calling in the boxart and stuff.

39 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

im correct in saying this is your main menu themes @badhemi? I grabbed it and fixed your turbografx 16 one to display the background correctly

im good for main menus. I have not really started on default themes for calling in the boxart and stuff.

Those are my main themes   I was confused for a minute. Can you send me the turbo grafx one back as corrected.

40 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Do you need system themes?

When my little one is in bed I will try get on the PC,

i will probably grab default themes as a project but I setup a universal one for my own system to get me by until I take on that full set project.

if you fancy extracting your default themes I won't say no! But for the project I will have to try and keep track to give credits for them as much as possible

It would be great if we could all work together to make an Android download starter pack that worked perfectly on the first try, and got it sanctioned as an official tutorial.  As someone fairly new to HyperSpin, I spent literally all weekend learning about it and setting it all up.  I have it all working on PC, but Android is a whole different ballgame and it's not clear at all why some stuff works and some doesn't.

3 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

When my little one is in bed I will try get on the PC,

i will probably grab default themes as a project but I setup a universal one for my own system to get me by until I take on that full set project.

if you fancy extracting your default themes I won't say no! But for the project I will have to try and keep track to give credits for them as much as possible

I'll grab them later

7 minutes ago, cowgod said:

It would be great if we could all work together to make an Android download starter pack that worked perfectly on the first try, and got it sanctioned as an official tutorial.  As someone fairly new to HyperSpin, I spent literally all weekend learning about it and setting it all up.  I have it all working on PC, but Android is a whole different ballgame and it's not clear at all why some stuff works and some doesn't.

I think it is do to the fact of incompatibility of Windows based items

52 minutes ago, cowgod said:

That was my attempt with the base pack. Problem is you should really treat Android as a stanalone setup because there is way more stuff you can do with a windows setup. Just keep all the ROM's in one place for both and have 2 sets of media/settings

4 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

I Think the reason you didnt have the Main Menu was because you did not download all parts!

You need to download all the parts of the Base Pack I created and Combine them.

There are file size limits on the site so it had to be split. Main Menu media is in the Media.zip

Oh!  You're right, I never saw a Media.zip file.  Where is that one located?  I don't see it linked anywhere.

I found the Media.zip file and was able to successfully get the main menu to load with the folder in place.  Thank you!  I am getting very close to a fully working system now--I just have to figure out why the RetroArch configs don't always save properly.

NEED HELP

hello

I've specially baught a Tegra 4i android 4.4 smartphone called Wiko Highway 4g, who is technicaly compatible with hyperspin android like required specifications says.

I follow your installation guide, but unfortunatly it doesn't work : at starting application I've a message saying that application closed.

So i've still the hope to run HSandroid on my Tegra smartphone...

There is some 3rd party software to install or something else ?

Or there is some settings to configure ?

Thanks for your returns

8 hours ago, reznnate said:

Sounds awesome.

Will it require a bunch of individiual batch/text files PER game that point to specific files on storage?   This was the only way I found and I didn't want to bother with creating a bunch of files that had fixed paths.

8 hours ago, gigapig said:

Well done. I spent the evening trying to get the controls working for Amiga using the Ultrastiks.

The directions were fine it was the save/load buttons etc that I had trouble with. But after enough clicking it worked.

Wonder why atari 5200 doesn't like alternate method in mame option settings