Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Retroarch MAME 2014 core

RaduNastase

Hy guys,

i've been looking everywhere, and i mean everywhere for the Mame 2014 core (0.152-ish romset) and i can't seem to find it anywhere. 

It is the core that first ran Cave SH3 hardware on android, around the end of 2014, begining of 2015.

The only Mame cores i can find are the 2000, 2003, 2010 and 2016 (runs sh3 but it is twice as slow) ones.

Anyone still has it and care to share it with me?

Thanks guys!

I've been through this several months ago. There is a thread on what Cave games work, so I tried testing my games on android to help out the OP.

I think it was Mame2010 we wanted but it still isn't showing up on the online updater for android. I've seen posts online @libretro with people asking for it back for CPS3 and CAVE...some have even tried compiling their own version of Retroarch with the core built-in but doesn't look like people have had much luck.

I sideloaded afba to my shield TV. It plays some of the CPS3 and Cave roms...that's the best alternative I have found, I hope it helps.

3 hours ago, thatman84 said:

Here is the thread I think. It's quite a good read! I wondered what happened to Sting. Maybe he started to get a little angry and left

https://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forums/topic/15680-setting-up-cavemame-on-hyperspin-android/?page=1

Yes that's the one, my mistake it was mame2014! I have no idea what happened to Sting, we did clash a bit lol I see he's helped plenty of people and is a valued member of the forum...I've been "away" for a while, I hope he returns soon.

I've been concentrating on another PC build for a coffee table, funnily enough I have come back here recently to check on the progress with android emulation. The mameGit seems no better now and even though afba plays some games I'm still under the impression we are missing out.

I did find THIS for you all to look at, it's something I had already attempted. My issue was when in Retroarch, once I tried to alter the source for the buildbot. The onscreen keyboard popped up which I couldn't interface with properly and it screwed me over. This lead to the buildbot link being broken, as I couldn't even re-enter the default address, I just reinstalled RetroArch and swore muchly at it...left that alone ever since lol 

Apparently Jellybean or Lollipop devices have much more luck. I'm looking to upgrade my phone soon and I'll then switch this Moto G from the custom android 7.1  to 4 or 5 and see what's what. I actually really love the Shield TV...can't find them in stock so I won't risk too much tinkering with it. The K1 tablets I have seen back in stock....maybe someone wants to revert theirs back to 5.1 and try? Hopefully someone will have more luck with the method above and it won't matter ;)

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, OptimalKiller said:

Hello,

If anybody is intrested I have mame2014 for Retroarch and is working fine on my Nvidia Shield TV,  give me a shout if anybody needs it.

Cheers

Optimal

I'd love it Optimal! Although I have refused to root my Shield TV, hopefully that's not needed.

I've been tinkering with the RPI & attract mode recently, it still needs some work IMHO. Would be nice to go back to the Shield to do some tinkering and see what's new :) Thanks in advance

9 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

I'd love it Optimal! Although I have refused to root my Shield TV, hopefully that's not needed.

I've been tinkering with the RPI & attract mode recently, it still needs some work IMHO. Would be nice to go back to the Shield to do some tinkering and see what's new :) Thanks in advance

Damn

you are going to have to root the Nvidia shield i'm affraid.  As you have to copy the mame2014_libretro_android.so  to the /data/data/com.retroarch/cores folder within android and change permissions and file owner for it to work with retroarch.  

If you do decide to root the Nvidia shield you have to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the Nvidia shield back to default. 

I have attached the core to this post,  if you do decide to root the nvidia shield.

Sorry I couldnt be of any further help.

mame2014_libretro_android.so

9 hours ago, OptimalKiller said:

Damn

you are going to have to root the Nvidia shield i'm affraid.  As you have to copy the mame2014_libretro_android.so  to the /data/data/com.retroarch/cores folder within android and change permissions and file owner for it to work with retroarch.  

If you do decide to root the Nvidia shield you have to unlock the bootloader which will wipe the Nvidia shield back to default. 

I have attached the core to this post,  if you do decide to root the nvidia shield.

Sorry I couldnt be of any further help.

mame2014_libretro_android.so

Yeah I knew it would be possible with root access. Thank you! I'm sure it will help someone out, I doubt I will but thanks for the info :) 

My phone is rooted with a custom rom, it's only a midrange phone and can be easily replaced or upgraded, I didn't really care about the warranty. I love the Shield TV but if something went wrong, it was going to be a nightmare trying to replace it with them being out of stock. I hear a new or revised model could be unveiled at CES in 2017. I tried the Geforce NOW service and it works quite well with good internet and wired networking...I just refused to pay for games as if the Shield broke and I couldn't replace it, the games were "Lost". So I just use the Game stream service instead from my gaming PC to the Shield...I do have the PS4 remote play working too.

My friends love the little box and I deliberately kept it stock with them in mind. I've tweaked it up some through clever use of apps but it's simple to implement if my friends wanted their own and not take risks. Thanks again Optimal :)

15 hours ago, Honosuseri said:

Yeah I knew it would be possible with root access. Thank you! I'm sure it will help someone out, I doubt I will but thanks for the info :) 

My phone is rooted with a custom rom, it's only a midrange phone and can be easily replaced or upgraded, I didn't really care about the warranty. I love the Shield TV but if something went wrong, it was going to be a nightmare trying to replace it with them being out of stock. I hear a new or revised model could be unveiled at CES in 2017. I tried the Geforce NOW service and it works quite well with good internet and wired networking...I just refused to pay for games as if the Shield broke and I couldn't replace it, the games were "Lost". So I just use the Game stream service instead from my gaming PC to the Shield...I do have the PS4 remote play working too.

My friends love the little box and I deliberately kept it stock with them in mind. I've tweaked it up some through clever use of apps but it's simple to implement if my friends wanted their own and not take risks. Thanks again Optimal :)

Yep fully understand,

Lets keep our fingers  crossed the new Nvidia shield TV will be released in 2017,  I'm dreading the fact if my Nvidia shield TV 500GB dies,  trying to get a replacement going to be a nightmare.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, thatman84 said:

Is the .174 2016 core back. Could NOT see it last night could the other day. I gonna need like 200gb worth of mame sets soon :( (I have to match them, just me lol)

Not that I saw no. As Badhemi said Mame2014 (which is 0.159) & MULTI (MESS 2014 & UME 2014) are there. I've only installed Mame2014 but I will give the others a look see.

Mess core does mess systems..(consoles and computers)....ume core emulates both arcade and consoles and computers....it's basically like the current integrated mame....u would want to use these for more variety in cores and emulation....I switch around between mame2010, mame182, mame174,mame2016.mess2014,and ume2014

On 2017-02-04 at 10:02 AM, thatman84 said:

Is the .174 2016 core back. Could NOT see it last night could the other day. I gonna need like 200gb worth of mame sets soon :( (I have to match them, just me lol)

I currently have a perfect .139u1 rom set configured.  What I'd like is to make separate wheels for the newer MAME cores only with roms that were added or improved.  Does that make sense?  Now I just need to find a resource that lists every rom added with each release ;)

3 hours ago, aftermath17 said:

I currently have a perfect .139u1 rom set configured.  What I'd like is to make separate wheels for the newer MAME cores only with roms that were added or improved.  Does that make sense?  Now I just need to find a resource that lists every rom added with each release ;)

Thanks gonna be a task. There are change logs on the mame website somewhere although that site is not the easiest to navigate.

do you have a matching wheel set for 139u1??? I can't get one and it's taking forever to rename and match stuff manually

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Thanks gonna be a task. There are change logs on the mame website somewhere although that site is not the easiest to navigate.

do you have a matching wheel set for 139u1??? I can't get one and it's taking forever to rename and match stuff manually

Why would the wheel be differnt.? Just use fatmatch to pull out the correct ones

Archived