Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New Website - What Works and What Doesn't

Circo

Well you gave me a lot of things to work on this week guys. I had an extended family weekend that I owed them after the long couple weeks I had but I will be making some changes and posting them based on the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if I'm seeing a bug. Quotes that I made in an earlier post are showing up every time I go to make a new post. Have to delete them every single time.

Once or twice even pics that I attached earlier showed up again, had to thrash them.

Also, where is the info for the flag coming from? I have a japanese flag, although I'm not Japanese and not living in Japan? As I used to live there, is it from an IP-address at some point?

Thanks for all your hard work circo and all the others that are involved in this
i like the new look the only thing that i miss that we dont see the new things that are uploaded in the download section

Try using activity and selecting downloads

27 minutes ago, Circo said:

This works really well. Takes a little time but gives you lots of options. 

If it's easy...

Maybe a sort by most downloaded filter would be good. Same with the overview box of top monthly DL's and top all time authors I mentioned before. If it's easy would be good.

3 hours ago, Circo said:

I clicked on Activity tab but no Downloads option there.  All I see is "All Activity, My Activity Stream, Unread Content, and Content I Started".

Where can I find Downloads Activity?

The chat not working is dissapointing but I will live lol.  

But one thing that seems awful to me is when I am going through some threads, it repeats the first post  of the thread on every new page.. Check out the Aeon Nox thread.  The first post is a huge post talking about the progress of the thread.  So I need to scroll through that 80 times since the thread is 80 pages long.  

I am currently unable to post in certain threads( Hyper-marquee / EDS and a few others including a few i raised recently )  

There is no text field at the bottom of the page. I heard of a few others experiencing this also. 

Edit: I was just logged in as DrDoom which is not my account i would like to second this post: 

There is a MASSIVE SECURITY risk - I am logging in randomly as other users simply by refreshing the page. My original account is skeeveo - I appear to have full access to other peoples accounts. Including this one!

I do not know what is causing this. 

It looks nicer I guess, but more cluttered too.

Everything seems less user friendly, but gives more options or filters. Not sure which is better. The site is still a clutter of too many forums/sub-forums for no real reason, but that has nothing to do with the change.

I can't for the life of me figure out how to upload anything anymore... or even see what is available, search for it, find it etc...

3 hours ago, agent47 said:

Not sure why you're having trouble with that. The Downloads menu on the toolbar has sections for media, 3rd party apps, etc and you just select what system/category on the left side. The Submit Files option in the Downloads menu shows the Upload Here section then you pick a section and click Submit File button. To upload a file into a post you just drag and drop.

Thanks. Didn't realize I had to choose a category to get to an upload screen. Not very intuitive as those categories look like they are for searching the downloads and not for selecting a place to upload. 

Things seems to be buried one extra layer deep compared to the older site.

I keep meaning to ask if anyone else is having trouble with Tapatalk. Every thread I've read (or marked as read) keeps reappearing in the Unread tab when I refresh it, albeit greyed out.

Other sites' forums are OK, so maybe the plugin needs updating?

2 hours ago, Agrajag said:

I keep meaning to ask if anyone else is having trouble with Tapatalk. Every thread I've read (or marked as read) keeps reappearing in the Unread tab when I refresh it, albeit greyed out.

Same for me in chrome sometimes. What I find most annoying is the "Sent from some phone device by Tapatrash" crap under Tapatalk posts.

47 minutes ago, baddeolv said:

Lol. You can turn that off

Sent from my i=Phony using Tapatalk

I don't think I can turn it off on other ppls phones. I don't use Tapatalk, but ppl who do annoy me through their posts, grrrrr

I don't think I can turn it off on other ppls phones. I don't use Tapatalk, but ppl who do annoy me through their posts, grrrrr

I hate that too I realized last night it was on, on my phone and it was disabled. I guess some upgrade turned it back on.... anoying!

1 minute ago, dougan78 said:

I hate that too I realized last night it was on, on my phone and it was disabled. I guess some upgrade turned it back on.... anoying!

In my own threads I often remove them form other ppls posts, but yeah, of course Tapatalk wants to advertise itself

Archived