Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New Website - What Works and What Doesn't

Circo

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, THK said:

Not much

Sent from my I7-4770K@4,5Ghz - 32Gb DDR3 @2400Mhz - 2x R9 290

You should tone down a little bit on the overclock, it will add to the longevity of your processor. I managed to get a stable 4.7Ghz on mine but keep it at a steady 4.3Ghz. Been running that system for 6 years now without any issues.

1 minute ago, Yeuxkes said:

You should tone down a little bit on the overclock, it will add to the longevity of your processor. I managed to get a stable 4.7Ghz on mine but keep it at a steady 4.3Ghz. Been running that system for 6 years now without any issues.

Might've put it back to 4.2 easy mode a while back. Also, no system last 6 years with me, by that time I gave it away to a family member and bought a new one ;)

4.5Ghz was all I managed, didn't win the silicon lottery, but my generation of intel cpu's is know for not overclocking well

I never found a reason to upgrade to the newer cpu's. Everything is still running smooth as butter. Only upgrade I did was the gpu cause my old one died a few months ago but didn't have the cash to spare for a premium card. I could use a little bit more RAM tho.

14 hours ago, Agrajag said:

I keep meaning to ask if anyone else is having trouble with Tapatalk. Every thread I've read (or marked as read) keeps reappearing in the Unread tab when I refresh it, albeit greyed out.

Other sites' forums are OK, so maybe the plugin needs updating?

+1, but have it on GBAtemp as well. This has been going on for months. Thinking of giving up on Tapatalk, is there an alternative?

1 hour ago, diskmach said:

+1, but have it on GBAtemp as well. This has been going on for months. Thinking of giving up on Tapatalk, is there an alternative?

I don't use my phone for browsing but a google search came up with Forumrunner as an alternative. However I don't know if the plugin is installed for this site.

24 minutes ago, Agrajag said:

It doesn't get very good reviews unfortunately. I wish there were viable alternatives to Tapatalk as I'm fed up with it getting worse with each update.

Yeah. I think I'm going over to setting Chrome on Android to get the Desktop version and following the forums individually...

Sent from my IBM PC XT 5150/5161, Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz, 128 kb RAM, 360 KB double-sided 5¼" FDD10 MB HDD

4 hours ago, diskmach said:

Yeah. I think I'm going over to setting Chrome on Android to get the Desktop version and following the forums individually...

Sent from my IBM PC XT 5150/5161, Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz, 128 kb RAM, 360 KB double-sided 5¼" FDD10 MB HDD

I use FF next to Chrome on android, because chrome forced full screen doesn't work a lot of the times, whilst in FF I can tell it in what res/zoom to render the pages.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, I just don't have time to hang out much these days. My kids are getting older and that means I'm sitting with a laptop when they're around. Creating themes means locking myself in an office and it's not really something I have the time for these days. I'll pop in now and again though. I'm sure I'll have time sooner or later to do some stuff. Just not right now.

I also have a tendency to take on big projects and that's probably not such a great idea. I'd probably be better off just doing a theme here or there. I've been a glutton for punishment in the past. Oh well, at least it allowed me to learn the tools. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived