Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

(Tutorial) 16x9 Theme Conversion For Android

thatman84

• 2 weeks later...

Fotosizer degrades the image quality. I noticed this as I used it for box art, to then use as wheel art for some systems. The image lost clarity once resized, I'm pretty sure a forum member has posted on here showing exactly what I am talking about (in the useful tools thread perhaps?)

I'm sure people will say Fotosizer works OK, just wanted to point it out as some people are more "fussy" than others.

Yeah fotosizer does reduce the quality but I believe what your referring to is Dark 13's flash scripts which convert the art. Not the best option for Android.

if someone can point out a valid alternative I will happily update the guide.

Updated guide with this note

Note, fotosizer does cause a reduction in artwork quality. If your sensitive to this you may want to use another method. (If you know of a better program please comment) I only run a 37' screen and don't mind myself.

1 hour ago, thatman84 said:

Yeah fotosizer does reduce the quality but I believe what your referring to is Dark 13's flash scripts which convert the art. Not the best option for Android.

if someone can point out a valid alternative I will happily update the guide.

Found it! The post shows examples of the image degradation and an alternative tool to use. I don't want to take credit for IceLancer's advice but I knew Fotosizer did F' up .png images.

54 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

Found it! The post shows examples of the image degradation and an alternative tool to use. I don't want to take credit for IceLancer's advice but I knew Fotosizer did F' up .png images.

Good find Hono,

Updated the guide with  the recommendations. This guide is now F'd with all the missing screenshots and wrong program for resizing!

Has a little value still (just) but with the limited users needing it it not really worth updating properly until I have more time

Archived