Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Ultimarc Aim-trak light gun - mounting question

JamesRIves

Quick question for those of you who have added a Ultimarc Aim-trak light gun to their HS cabinet --

I realize an IR sensor needs to be mounted near the top edge of the monitor, but I want the installation to look as "clean" as possible.  Assuming I de-case the sensor, how large of a hole will I need to poke through the bezel to accommodate each individual LED light bulb (I believe six small holes are required)?  I guess what I'm asking is... What is the exact circumference of each small LED lightbulb?  And how noticeable are the holes in the bezel?

Thanks,

Jim 

I drilled holes in my bezel and matched up a bit I had that was just a tad bigger. The leds poked through when I was done. It wasnt too noticeable imho. I never had anyone ask me about what they were... So I guess not too bad. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
I drilled holes in my bezel and matched up a bit I had that was just a tad bigger. The leds poked through when I was done. It wasnt too noticeable imho. I never had anyone ask me about what they were... So I guess not too bad. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Do you have any pics of your build, im thinking of adding the gun to and would love to see pics of it.
Does it work well?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Do you have any pics of your build, im thinking of adding the gun to and would love to see pics of it.

Does it work well?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

I dont. My old cab had the ir bar decased and mounted in the plastic bezel on top of the monitor. I am in the process of moving my setup to a pedastal tv setup instead and will be a month or so. The cab I converted back to the normal game it was. For my tv I will just mount it in top of the tv.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue now with mine. I have the sensor bar decased and screwed in using motherboard risers to the frame holding my CRT. I'm working on a bezel/shroud to go over the frame and CRT and I might pick up some tinted film to put in front of the IR LEDs.

Archived