Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Project: Mobile Hyperspin 2 Player Arcade

rcdude

What's up guys! So I'm happy to say I got my tekken retro fitted and working flawlessly in my place of work. 

Now onto  to my next idea and was wondering if anyone has tried this out yet.

has anyone tried doing a complete mobile mame arcade setup? I'm not saying like controller only. I'm talking all out mobile.. something you can take on a plane or a vacation!

well I thought about and did some research and have started my own project.

im slowly receiving my parts and supplies. But I'm off to a good start.

(pics to follow very soon)

but off the bat bat I got a minix mini pc, a LARGE battery power bank and a USB powered screen!

hopped on the minix forums and sadly I have seen some negative feedback but I figured for the sale price I got it, why not try it. So I picked up the 4g 32gig running windows 10 version. 

Sadly to see I only had 28 gigs available -_-

i ran into huge problems like bios to boot, minix freezing and needing to reset. But after the headaches I actually got it up and running, testing daily and numerous power cycles.

#1 drawback: the speed and available storage. Off the bat I could only do my mame files... meaning full themes, wheel art, videos and everything. Sadly not enough space for the videos -_- 

so I had the themes and the wheel art... awesome.. tested... fail! Pc lagged like a mofo! I was so upset and was gonna give up, but I figured hey let me try something .

all in all had to ditch alllll the beauty of videos and themes and stuck to wheel art. So far so good! Got 4,000 games up and running, however cfd of chd roms are mega slow.. gonna have to delete soul caliber and such :/

now awaiting the arcade buttons, case and screen.

ill keep you guys posted 

image.jpg

image.jpg

im 90% complete, i just have to mount the pc and the battery pack

the objective was to take arcade on the go. this is in a 26 inch long case, surprisingly it is not that heavy. my only downside is the pc it self. at 200 with 4 gig ram, it cant totally handle some games let alone hyperspin. if i exit a game, it takes 20 secs for the controls to be able to react and function again.

i got a trip to mexico next week and the plan is to take this sucker with me :D

• 2 weeks later...

Archived