Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New Excited and Confused

JayJustPlay

Hello to you all. I'm new to the forum and not sure if this is the right place. But I love games electronics and computer I've built multiple. Now I'm interested in building a bar top hyper spin system. I was looking for advice pointers and list of parts needed. I'm also confused on setup of hyper spins. Is it own form of a OS . Is it window based and if I get the hyper spins HDD does it come prepared to the point of all I have to do is plug it into my motherboard? All in all I want to build a Bartop arcade that will also be able to run. SFV / SFXTK / Injustice/ and all older games no matter platform. 

I search on google en watch many movies on youtube a lot of information can there be found like the setup of hyperspin what is just a frontend hyperlaunch or rocketlauncer are the programs just search for hyperspin every system setup free!!!! 2016 on youtube a lot of information from Simply Austin and then search for the man Hyperspin RetroGameOver good luck with your build have a nice evening

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9300 met Tapatalk

Welcome Jay

Hyperspin is not an O/S it is an application program called a frontend. The best advice I have for you is to spend some time on the site reading and asking questions. I would also suggest watching videos from Simply Austin on YouTube.  When I built my cab, I found it better to understand how the software worked prior to building the cab  

Good luck

47 minutes ago, Dunga94 said:

Welcome Jay

Hyperspin is not an O/S it is an application program called a frontend. The best advice I have for you is to spend some time on the site reading and asking questions. I would also suggest watching videos from Simply Austin on YouTube.  When I built my cab, I found it better to understand how the software worked prior to building the cab  

Good luck

Thanks for telling me that just means I'll take one my pc and turn them into a arcade. I'll learn what front ends are and study. 

If you are watching Austins videos you cant go far wrong, once you have MAME on its gives you such a buzz as you have access to 1000's of retro titles!. I must admit Hyperspining is very additive, I spend 80% of my time tweaking my build, adding new content and trying to get to look and run just right :)

1 hour ago, Samorite said:

If you are watching Austins videos you cant go far wrong, once you have MAME on its gives you such a buzz as you have access to 1000's of retro titles!. I must admit Hyperspining is very additive, I spend 80% of my time tweaking my build, adding new content and trying to get to look and run just right :)

I've played before just never made cabinet and now I know what it is after research I know I can do this.

I've played before just never made cabinet and now I know what it is after research I know I can do this.

Jay - one of your first decisions is what do you want to run, you just interested in arcade (mame / Neo Geo / Naomi etc) or do you want to run consoles too? You can spend days and weeks tweaking and growing your collection, helps to have an initial goal and stick to it... before growing further.. (I didn't take this advice lol)..
Also your long term vision will definitely help you selecting the correct hardware from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, jq_quint said:

Jay - one of your first decisions is what do you want to run, you just interested in arcade (mame / Neo Geo / Naomi etc) or do you want to run consoles too? You can spend days and weeks tweaking and growing your collection, helps to have an initial goal and stick to it... before growing further.. (I didn't take this advice lol)..
Also your long term vision will definitely help you selecting the correct hardware from day one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to run some console games (fighters) and PC/Steam and all my Mame I already have mame on one of my PC but this is perfect to take to friend house or just a focal point in a man cave.

7 hours ago, JayJustPlay said:

if I get the hyper spins HDD does it come prepared to the point of all I have to do is plug it into my motherboard? 

Do not buy a pre-made HDD or you will regret it. These are not official HyperSpin items, almost never work right and no one here will be able to help you fix it.

Follow the guides and set it all up yourself from scratch. good luck.

Archived