Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

IPAC & IPAC ULTIMATE problem with hyperspin

540itouring

Hi , I have built a arcade cabinet and started with Raspberry pi3 and IPAC ULTIMATE and all worked ok.
I have now just built a new pc with a ASUS STRIX 99 motherboard , broadwell e cpu , 16gb ram , 2 gig graphics card and windows 10 pro which is a fresh install not a upgrade.
Hyperspin works fine with a normal keyboard but when I plug the usb in the pc from the IPAC or my IPAC ULTMATE the intro video of hyperspin goes low resolution and the selection wheel keeps spinning all the time . This is cured by removing the usb again and restart hyperspin. The results are the same with NO KEY SWITCHES even wired to the IPAC boards. I have even tested two standard keyboards connected to the pc at the same time and no problems at all.  I am thinking  these boards are not compatible with windows 10 pro ?  Both the IPAC and the ULTIMATE are late 2016 boards and FW version 1.33 & 1.30.
Any help please with many thanks in advance

best thing probably to do is load up the ipac programmer and reset all of the keys to default. it sounds like you've got something conflicting there.

once thats done then try it with hyperspin, and then configure the keys you want to use..

7 hours ago, mikekim said:

best thing probably to do is load up the ipac programmer and reset all of the keys to default. it sounds like you've got something conflicting there.

once thats done then try it with hyperspin, and then configure the keys you want to use..

I have set all inputs to the ipac and ipac ultimate boards to DISABLE on ALL inputs and both board do the same which is hyperspin runs slow , selection wheel keeps spinning and looks like the resolution is low as the screen video goes larger and runs slow. When I reboot with just a keyboard connected it all works fine.

Weird.

First do you have the Joysticks, trackballs and spinners settings disabled in HyperHQ. They don't work in HyperSpin and can cause issues if they are on. Could be part of your problem.

I use an older iPac and it works perfectly with Win 10, but haven't tried the Ultimate (although I've been planning on upgrading to it). What do the setup instructions say about it? Weird that it would mess with your resolution.

1 hour ago, Metalzoic said:

Weird.

First do you have the Joysticks, trackballs and spinners settings disabled in HyperHQ. They don't work in HyperSpin and can cause issues if they are on. Could be part of your problem.

I use an older iPac and it works perfectly with Win 10, but haven't tried the Ultimate (although I've been planning on upgrading to it). What do the setup instructions say about it? Weird that it would mess with your resolution.

I have turned the joystick off and the spinner and trackball was already disabled in hyperHQ .  The ipac was used with my raspberry pie 3 in game pad mode but I have now reprogrammed it back to keyboard mode. The ipac emulates a keyboard as far as I know so why a problem if all inputs to the board switches are disabled ?.

What instructions should I be looking at as don't remember having any with the ipac2 board. I will check with the ipac website.    The reason I got the Ipac Ultimate was so later I can use LEDBLINKY once I get all the controls working .The ipac only has problems with hyperspin and other windows programs work ok with the ipac connected but I know nothing is programmed for it to function anyway

I think I may have solved the problem by as you said DISABLE JOYSTICK and then uninstall the USB driver , redetect and load usb driver and looks good so far but need to then reprogram and wire switches.  I will update you tomorrow.

thanks for help so far

Archived