Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Sharp X86000, MS-DOS and PC-98 all work on Shield TV

sonkun

Just now, badhemi said:

I just wish they would bring back the tab menu in mame 182. I had it working in 181 but now it doesn't work anymore

Speaking of mame,  I saw on the libretro forums speaking on mame 182. I think some of the issues are the tab button as you've said and the most annoying one to me, the d-pad is now working in the left analog stick. I have no idea how to fix that so hopefully they put out an updated version soon especially now that I know how to set up mess/mame systems

16 minutes ago, sonkun said:

Speaking of mame,  I saw on the libretro forums speaking on mame 182. I think some of the issues are the tab button as you've said and the most annoying one to me, the d-pad is now working in the left analog stick. I have no idea how to fix that so hopefully they put out an updated version soon especially now that I know how to set up mess/mame systems

Yes I hope to. It sucks not to be able to set keys.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/18/2017 at 10:29 PM, sonkun said:

I don't think I've seen any of these systems talked about here but I managed to get all of them to work through trial and error. For anyone that wants to try these:

X68000:

Get PX68K (version 0.15) app. After installing it make a folder right in the root of your sd card called PX68K and put all the bios (cgrom.dat, lplrom.dat) and games (unzipped) in that one folder. After opening the app I had to attach a keyboard to open the menu with the keyboard's menu key (you can use your controller to browse the menus at this point). First game I tested was Akumajo Dracula (Castlevania Chronicles). It's a 2 disk game so for games with two discs or more place the first disk in the FDD0 slot and place disc 2 in the FDD1 slot. Controller support is there and already mapped so before starting the game, in the menu from top to bottom I changed the Joy/Mouse to Joystick, Sound rate to 44100Hz and finally JoyKey to On. To start the game go to SYSTEM and hit RESET and the game should start automatcally.

I was able 2 start a game (mario bros.) But joystick doesn't seem to respond during the game....I'm able to use joystick in options menu but when I reset to play in get no response 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure why you're trying to start over but I guess you should just delete the whole folder, clear your data and restart everything from scratch and hopefully that should help. That app is a little tricky but it definitely plays smoother than in MESS.

2 hours ago, sanchezmike01 said:

Yea I gotta check it out still...currently I'm working on wheels and videos for sonic hack games...yesterday I put 2 android packs in a fb group...a doom pack I did with 5 games and a pinball arcade apk ?

Nice, been meaning to get a Sonic hack wheel up and running, got all the files needed just haven't made the time to do it. Anyway other way to view those Android packs? I don't use fb.

At the moment no because they have their own website which is linked to fb....u can sign up for fb ,takes a few minutes but if u do to have access u need to make sure your email matches ur fb...basically my fb is my name and so is my email address...alot of ppl from here are there as well so u might as well do it...lolz..and from time to time I post packs that I've personally made or packs I've altered for the better 

I also plan 2 write or do a tuturial because alot of ppl have complaints about mess systems and controls not working or them not having access to the tab menu ....any mess or mame system I've setup I've not had issues with controls yet it helps if they have a general idea of how mame and mess works on the pc standalone b4 they tackle it in retroarch 

• 9 months later...
On 3/21/2017 at 5:27 PM, sanchezmike01 said:

Also finally finished converting msx2+ disk to roms to be fully compatible with android....haven't seen to many ppl with msx2+ setup in android hyperspin  

Only just come across this thread!

I don't show them off as my media needs sorting out. MSX 2 is in "pretty good" shape but MSX and MSX 2+ do need attention. I didn't convert the .dsk files as the Bluemsx core for Retroarch seems to cover both .dsk and .rom files.

The wheel art I have for MSX/MSX2+ is "mixed" not a unified look, so I'll eventually trawl the web for box art and use that for wheel art if I can. I think my friends would probably play Metal Gear but as a lot of the stuff is Jap, I doubt it would get played much...so it's been on the back burner for a while.

Archived