Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hypersync bugs and hyperbase

martijnsx

Hi all,

Can someone explain what hyperbase is?

I use hypersync and i think i have found some bugs.

For the super nintendo the 3d box art does not download. 

The downloads always go to a temporary directory first. After doing a download i sometimes delete the stuff and i download a system again (other styles for example). Then artwork 3 and 4 do not download at all anymore. Only after i download a new database in hypersync.

Also when i am in the menu of selecting what to download for a system and i click default all the button almost never works.

Also when i click to sync artwork and wheels in the menu where you choose what system (as setup in rlauncher) must be coupled to for example the super nintendo the settings of these buttons are not remembered when you exit this menu.

Since my rom names are not always the same as the artwork some percent of the artwork is not downloaded. Any tips for this? Now i am thinking of renaming the roms. But if i want to have the file names the same as the artwork i must have a database first. Can i use the option in hypersync to download the database? Then i have more games in the database than roms. So some games will not start. Any suggestions for this proces. I would like to have it so that with the press of a button all roms are synced and not 90%.

Thanks

HyperBase is essentially a collection of minted artwork. It sounds like your issues are all HyperSync related. What version are you using?

As for it not downloading art when your rom names don't match the official database, there's nothing you can do for that except to ensure your rom names match the official database. The xmls are the foundation upon which we build everything else, so it's fairly important we adhere to the official nomenclature as much as possible or we create a lot of extra work for ourselves. If you don't want to audit to match the official XMLs, you're forced to manually rename all of your associated wheels, art, and videos every time. If you don't have all the games that are included in the database you can setup HS to only display the games you do have.

Archived