Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Magnavox Odyssey with RetroArch?

thatman84

How do you get past the "select game" screen for games Odyssey 2 games using O2em core of retroarch?RetroArch_20170120_230259.pngI did read that you need to hit the "1" key on a Keyboard and also that Player 2 works but Player 2 does not work. I cant seem to find a way to make my wireless logitek k400 keyboard work as a straight keyboard.

Also I dont even know where to start with getting the original Odyssey to work. Anyone done it? Its listed as working with RetroArch blueMSX core in the Working Systems list but have found no reference to Odyssey on BlueMSX or RetroArch. Does it really need to DOSbox to work?

41 minutes ago, badhemi said:

I use mame git. I then use the left stick for select

Without setting any inputs up?

i can't be arsed to rename all my artwork and videos!! Maybe I will because there's a lot of games that need this.

do you have the original odyssey setup?

1 minute ago, thatman84 said:

Is that back in the online updater? 

i did see the thread about calling it mame2016 but not checked the last few days.

Yes it's back up. So you don't have to worry about making a config for controls

Nice. I did manage to get the controls up in 0.181 with the "select+X" combo and set it straight back to L1.

i really don't have much using MAME anyway I don't like it. I'm getting round to it but I'm not keen on renaming everything and I don't want missing art/videos in my setup so do without it.

• 9 months later...

I figured it out on retroarch on android phone u start KC Munchkin with keyboard press 1 key on keyboard to start game.  Then u pause game & go to main menu screen & switch controller back to gamepad of choice.  It works! Dosbox turbo i couldn't get working but who cares now.

Archived