Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Options for mounting AimTrack Holsters

Lunatik4444

Hey everyone!

I have 2 Aimtrack holsters that i'm wanting to mount to the side of my arcade cabinet.  There are 3 screws at the end of the holster.  I'm not handy with carpentry, so i'd like to know if it would be a decent proposition to sand the paint off one side of the holster and use either Gorilla Glue or Liquid Nails to adhere it to the cabinet?  Are there any other good adhesives that will fit the bill?   thanks in advance guys!

Rich

A picture of the holsters / cabinet may help visualize it for people. The liquid Nails or any adhesive like that should create a good bond, but u never know if you have kids or friends (like mine) who are a little careless.

Curious to see a pic as to why you don't have an option to screw it in.

Thanks for the reply pofo. If I was to use the existing bolts, they are premounted at the bottom of the holster. I would have to get a piece of wood and pre drill 3 holes for those bolts to slide through and then out a nut on the end of it. Then screw that piece of wood to the cabinet. 

The holster is made of pretty thick gauge steel. It may be a possibility to drill 2 holes through both sides to run a bolt through it and the cabinet. when I get home I'll see if I can take some pics. The cabinet is from monster arcade, it's the 4 player pedestal. I would like to mount them on the inside sidewalls. Thanks again

edit: here's the holster

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gun-Holster-for-AimTrak-Light-Gun-by-Ultimarc-for-MAME-these-look-AWESOME-/391412820176

heres the pedestal. I would mount a holster on each side of where the coin mech cutout is. 

http://www.monsterarcades.com/_p/prd1/896107834/product/4-player-pedestal-arcade-kit

I attached mine by using two layers of 3/4 inch glued together and screwed on from the inside of the pedestal. by doubling it I was able to counter sink the holes for the nuts and nothing is sticking out the bottom. This is the best pic I have of it but its no harder than drilling threw the side and you'll probably scrap the gun up putting it in and out.  Just cut 4 pieces big enough for the holster to be mounted out of what ever 3/4 material you have, glue and clamp the 2 sets together. mark your hole pattern on the top and drill all the way threw. Get a drill bit large enough for the nuts and a socket to tighten them to go into, turn the over and just drill deep enough to hide the nuts, you'll want to mark the drill bit because it can grab and go deeper if you don't control it. Get fill to fill any imperfections, sand the outside corners slightly to take the edge off paint and mount with wood screws from the inside of the pedestal,.

IMG_1424.JPG

Thanks Wemr for the idea, yours looks very nice!  I'm horrible at being a handyman, i only have a cordless drill, no saws or anything like that.  I think that was why i was looking to see if there was a really good adhesive out there that would hold it and would only come off if i chiseled at it lol.  

i found this through some research and placed an order.  Apparently it's used in boats to fasten very heavy things to hulls and what not and has a 700 psi tensile strength.  if it doesn't work, i'll see if i can find a place that sells pre-cut boards and try your method.   when it arrives next week, i'll chime back in and let you know how it worked out. 

3M 5200

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003E1ULRE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 6 months later...

Archived