Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Disable Current Genre Message?

8itfrix

Hi there is it possible to disable the Current Genre Message? I find this very annoying as it comes up every time instead of only once. It would be nice if this could be turned off or show only once as I'm only using the ALL Games genre.

Cheers,

8itfrix

I agree, it does come up too often. I've found that you can get rid of it, but you can't change the frequency in which it comes up. To get rid of it, you have to create a transparent .png file that is the same size and replace them in the Hyperspin\Media\MAME\Images\Special file. There may be a way to remove it in the MAME.ini file maybe remove_info_text=true, but I'm not sure...

Just a thought, but it might be a good option if the all games genre were blank and did not pop up, while any of the specific genres could do as it does now. I know if on all games, I don't need it constantly telling me the genres are not filtered. If I am on a specific genre though like sports or puzzles or something, then the pop ups reminding the user they are on a specific genre would be good

Just a thought, but it might be a good option if the all games genre were blank and did not pop up, while any of the specific genres could do as it does now. I know if on all games, I don't need it constantly telling me the genres are not filtered. If I am on a specific genre though like sports or puzzles or something, then the pop ups reminding the user they are on a specific genre would be good

I agree.....

• 1 month later...

The above makes a lot of sense.

For me the only genre that matters is the system.

Ie;

Mame, PC Games, ATARI,AMIGA and etc.

I did though use one of them as a base image for my PC GAMES

I could care less about SPorts,console, cards,adventure,shootup, etc.

Especially since im now up to 450 games now saved as favorites in mame.. and Im into the N's currently.

Funny a large part of what I have been going thru were already supposeldy working yet arent.

One cant rely on the initial setup as conclusively accurate.

Once I go thru this I might go thru and see about downloading new roms, but doubtful.

The games that matter most are already there.

So far though all im doing is 'favorite' on those games that work, that are not duplicate of something I already put in favorites.

And is acutally worth drag/drop to favorites. AS a great many arent.

I applaude the documentation side of the mame effort, but the other side of emulation is to actually have usuable emulation.

Emulation is two parts.

1. Documentation of some way of a past or obsolete system or similar.

2. Actualy usuability of the emulation.

#2 seems to not be there all that well for many, while for me its ok up to a point.

If I could make hyperspin work as it seems to be able, I would love that.

As it is, if I have to use the all games or acutally go thru and edit manually hundreds of entries...then its a no go.

As it is, other than those 10+ games, If I cant do it, Im more likely to delete mame as i did before.

I deleted mame preivously in the past because the effort to get a decent 'playable' set was too much time to be worth it.

Now however, with new knowledge and tools its possible.

I figure im going to have to write my own xml stuff to take the mame custom list and create my own xml file for hyperspin.

But before i do that,I want to figure out a good way to have pc games (menu) and then underneath the 15+ games I have on pc.

Its funny, I would pay good $ for hyperspin that will do the above.

But till I see it doable I wont bother with any $$.

Too bad, I would likley buy several copies too (more than one license, or download or etc if need be).

um...

look for dir2xml for creating lists for the games you just have, or go to hyperlist.hyperspin-fe.com and manually select the 10~ games you want and have a list created for you.

for pc games just do the main menu wizard and then for the "roms" folder create a folder with shortcuts to all of your games and set the romextension to lnk

Its funny, I would pay good $ for hyperspin that will do the above.

But till I see it doable I wont bother with any $$.

Too bad, I would likley buy several copies too (more than one license, or download or etc if need be).

You wont ever have to bother with $$ cuz HS is free and always has been. Even when we add new features and updates HS stays free. Great isnt it.

@Tulsaboyw: It's funny, but there are already tools to do what you want. Go to the Downloads section and under Third Party Applications download the Rom2XML program. Point it at your directory of games and it will do the rest. It is really quick. As for the genres, I haven't set mine to use them but they are there if I want them. Don't want it, disable Special Art C and don't go to Genres.

• 3 years later...

Was just wondering if there was an easier way to do this other than changing the image now we're in HyperSpin 3?

Also, can we disable the game name from showing at the bottom also? I feel like its mostly not needed if you have the themes etc, would be nice to have the option of it being there or not.

Thanks

Ah finally found it. Stupidly assumed it wouldn't be an image file but some kinda font coding.

For anyone else wondering I found it in: HyperSpin/Media/Mame/Images/Special/

Just zipped up the Special folder for backup and deleted it after.

And GHutch, I replied it here to save flooding the forum with the same question, thanks though :)

• 3 months later...

I had the exact same idea. this is how to do that in mame. idk if its the same for other systems

first turn special art back on.

then go to hyperspin>media>mame>images>special

simply delete the allgames.png TADA!!

• 4 months later...

The fixes that are being thrown here are if you want to COMPLETELY remove the genre title, while the OP want to only show it once and stop, or at least not as frequent. I don't know if this can be fixed since HyperSpin is closed source.

Archived