Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME Software List Renaming Project

thatman84

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whats in Other folder?

EDIT

Your screenshot is the Official folder

Look in Upload Here!

2nd EDIT lol

Maybe its different depending on subscription im lifetime there.

I used an ftp app on my phone to

Files.emumovies.com

My root folders are

/Official

/Upload Here

Different to yours although I do remember seeing those folders somewhere sure thats not the Hyperspin FTP?

Yes I looked in Other folder, your folder is not in there.

Also it's EmuMovies, tried both this and Hyperspin FTP.

I have used this for years and was sure I had seen it on there before.

You learn something every day, maybe they need to let others know there is more than one type of FTP, as I was not aware and can't find any info

Thanks again

10 minutes ago, cataclysm67 said:

Yes I looked in Other folder, your folder is not in there.

Also it's EmuMovies, tried both this and Hyperspin FTP.

I have used this for years and was sure I had seen it on there before.

You learn something every day, maybe they need to let others know there is more than one type of FTP, as I was not aware and can't find any info

Thanks again

So you found it then?

• 3 months later...

Is there any chance that other systems like snes, snespal, msx1_cart, msx2_cart, etc. will be added as well? I use MAME for emulating almost everything, and the software lists contains a plethora of games not found elsewhere.

2 hours ago, phulshof said:

Is there any chance that other systems like snes, snespal, msx1_cart, msx2_cart, etc. will be added as well? I use MAME for emulating almost everything, and the software lists contains a plethora of games not found elsewhere.

I was only really doing it systems that Have to run with mame on android and sort of haulted because i didnt add the systems to my setup.

The files are on Emumovies so anyone can add to them akaik.

Last week I did think about adding systems to allow for a one wheel Gun Game setup using mame but have been told many gun controllers are not supported. Do you know anymore on that one @phulshof? Your the only guy about I know runs mame for most consoles

24 minutes ago, agent47 said:

Unless I'm misremembering/misinterpreting the goal of this when thatman asked me about it way back when they're just renaming existing assets to match the MAME shortname. So any games/systems that don't have any media assets in the sets using the modified No Intro naming style wouldn't have any in these sets either.

This is true,

also if I was to tackle the likes of snes etc I would prob take your advice and make map files and a batch or something instead of renaming all the assets

Well, my hope is that we can convert what is available, and then get a team together to fill in the blanks. :) It would make things a lot easier on users to get complete games and art together that way, and MAME is IMHO the best emulator for many of the older systems assuming you have a reasonable machine to run things on.

Archived