Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin without Retroarch

Mamoles

Hello and thank you all for the help i found in the different threads.

I started my HS on Shield TV Pro 2017 setup a couple of weeks ago and took me quite a while to understand.

I finally got my Nes, SNES and Megadrive roms to work with "external" emulators. Box art, video previews, themes, i'm happy.

I've copied my Hyperspin directory at the root of my internal Shield memory.

For instance, i use as my rom path for NES :   Emulators/Nintendo Entertainment System/roms/ 

I did want to use the emulators a owned and avoid retroarch.

(Nes.emu, Md.emu, Snes9x EX +,  Mupen64Plus FZ and Mame4droid 0.139u1)

But 'm now struggling with MAME and N64.

N64 :

I use Mupen64Plus FZ from the Shiled TV Google Store

I use exactly the same method as the other working systems.

ROms are correctly named according to the N64 xml file. I can see the games but when i launch them it says the emulator is not correct.

If i launch the games directly from the emulator it works, but not from Hyperspin.

I tried  the two different parameters advised in the "android emulator" section :

Mupen64Plus AE
exe=paulscode.android.mupen64plus/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.MainActivity
parameters= 

Nightly builds
exe=org.mupen64plusae.v3.alpha/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity
parameters=

I also followed the Badhemi instructions, i downloaded "Quick shortcut maker"  to identify the correct parameters for Mupen64Plus FZ  :

It says : exe=org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity

Nothing works !

MAME :

I use Mame4droid 0.139u1 from the Shield TV Google Play store

I use exactly the same method as the other working systems.

If i launch the games directly from the emulator it works, but not from Hyperspin.

I tried  the parameters advised in the "android emulator" section :

Mame4Droid - MAME
 exe=com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid
 parameters=

It is advised to set the rom folder path inside the emulator. I tried it as well.

Basically, my rom path was  : Emulators/MAME/roms/ 
I also tried : /storage/Emulated/0/Hyperspin/Emulators/MAME/roms
But nothing works, i can't even access the gamelist. Nothing happens when i select MAME on the wheel.
I should at least access this list right ?

I've spent hours on google trying to solve this problem. I've tried to do it on my own, but i'm stuck now and ask for your help.

Thank you very much for your time.

You should use Retroarch, it's awesome.  

Mupen64Plus FZ  is a different Google Play app (from Mupen64Plus AE) and so the name/parameters will be different.  

As for MAME, perhaps you have a typo, this works for me:

rompath=Emulators/MAME/roms/
romextension        = zip

I thought I remembered a thread about Mupen FZ but couldn't find it

this is a quote from any other thread could help you find the exe line for it

"Mupen64 FZ is what's current right now, and I believe it well be periodically updated. N64oid is good but there's controller mapping issues.

Here's my way of finding what to put after the (exe=).   If you happen use arc browser it has all of the "emulator components" right in there and you can copy and paste it straight to whatever .ini file you're working on in es file Explorer's note editor. It just beats typing the whole thing out especially if you don't have a keyboard."

The Arc Browser trick worked for N64 :

It was the following parameter :

exe=org.mupen64plusae.v3.fzurita/paulscode.android.mupen64plusae.SplashActivity
parameters=
romextension=n64,z64

I'm still stuck with Mame, it doesn't want to launch, i've got no error message.

My setup is like reznnate one :

rompath=Emulators/MAME/roms/
romextension        = zip

Roms are in the right folder and work if launch them straignt through Mame4droid.

Thank you guys for your Help, 4 systems running fine now :)

MAME is going to be a long way i can feel it.

Your the one Thatman 84 ! :)

I just set all filters to "false" and games show up.

I would have never guessed that one.

5 systems on 6 working without retroarch !

I'll will try to setup Playstation this week-end, and might come back here if i struggle.

Thanks again for your time. Have a nice evening !

Salut, je me suis fais une configuration hyperspin avec 43 systèmes dont pas mal de consoles avec retroarch.

J'ai fais une chaine youtube qui parle d'hyperspin sur la shield TV

PARAMETRAGE EMULATEURS SUR SHIELD TV :

Si tu veux de l'aide n'hésite pas à me contacter.

Fred

Hello Pouteur,

I've just watched your video, it's great, i will try retroarch, it might work with a larger number of MAME roms.

Thank you for that.

At the moment, i'm stuck with ePSXe, the emulator does not open when i launch PSX games in Hyperspin.

I pretty sure the parameters are ok, i followed the informations i found in Arc Browser.

Could be a naming Rom problem. I will try to merge the different bin files into a single iso file and see what happens.

9 hours ago, Mamoles said:

Hello Pouteur,

I've just watched your video, it's great, i will try retroarch, it might work with a larger number of MAME roms.

Thank you for that.

At the moment, i'm stuck with ePSXe, the emulator does not open when i launch PSX games in Hyperspin.

I pretty sure the parameters are ok, i followed the informations i found in Arc Browser.

Could be a naming Rom problem. I will try to merge the different bin files into a single iso file and see what happens.

Si ça peut t'aider.

If I could help ?

Sony Playstation.ini

16 hours ago, philcabs66 said:

Si ça peut t'aider.

If I could help ?

Sony Playstation.ini

Salut Philcabs66 et merci pour ton partage.

I use your parameters for epsxe. It works and goes directly to the game but when quitting a game, i go back to ePsxe emulator main menu instead of Hyperspin. Do you have a tip ?

I also have an issue about the Playstation wheel games. Games are displayed several times.

By the way, i managed to make PSX games working by creating ISO files from BIN & CUE files with Isobuster.

Merci Pouteur. C'est un petit détail certes, mais ça ne me plaît pas beaucoup.

Je vais probablement tester retroarch surtout si la compatibilité avec les roms MAME est meilleure.

En utilisant les émulateurs pour chaque système et non retroarch, je me rend compte que je galère avec le paramétrage des manettes.

J'ai une Shield et une Dualshock 4. Sur MAME4droid 0.139u1 impossible de faire les diagonales avec la DS4. C'est pas la manette car j'y arrive sur SNES.

Il est l'heure de Retroarch.

Archived