Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Building my PC HELP!!!

SubZero

Okay guys. just to be sure that i am ordering the correct stuff i want to see what the PC guru's say.

I want to emulate up to Wii-U and 3DS and this is what i got so far

keep in mind i only have 600 to spend

Processor ?????? i did some homework and found out Intel is more stable for emulation

Ram 8GB

GPU Nvidia GT1050TI-OC-4GB

120 GB SSD

2TB SATA

PSU 550 watts 

I dont want to spend money on the wrong parts that wont even benefit the EMU so come on guys.......help

Basically what you do with emulation is you mimic a systems hardware using different hardware.

it's difficult to give specific reasons why one processor is better then the other, it comes down to the programmer of the emulator that you're using. however, most sources state that you're best off using an Intel due to the overall better performance per core when compared to an AMD. I'm paraphrasing here. you can read a bit more here

you might want to throw a bit of extra cash at the ram and take it up to 16GB,
GTX 1050 is a decent good card.
2000 TB is a typo, I doubt you'll be hosting hyperbase's backend on your cab ;)

I'm currently looking into a system upgrade myself, trying to rake in some cash here and there, anyone interested in Milton's Paradise Lost, it's a leather bound edition from 1905, good condition 400 euro's it contains illustrations by Gustav Doré

1 hour ago, SubZero said:

Thanks buddy. yeah it's hard to choose right. especially on the processor. io am also looking on Marktplaats for a complete new build. but better do my research first and what better place then here

I do that too, however I'm not impressed with the amount some people dare to ask for second hand hardware. often enough you're better off ordering individual components and assembling those your self. Alternate has some nice upgrade kits(motherboard,cpu and ram), that I keep coming back too. it all depends on what you're willing to spend ofcourse.

You're better off looking on Tweakers Vraag & Aanbod for 2nd hand hardware. The ppl there tend to be more reliable/trustworthy and know what hardware is worth and tend to ask very reasonable prices.

It's where I bought my new & sealed 1TB SSD, just bought a Corsair K90 mechanical keyboard for just €45 incl. shipping. Bought my 2nd GPU there, my headphone amplifier/DAC, etc. 

It's also the best place for us to look for new hardware in the Price Watch section (easy to select exactly what (range of) specifications you want, numerous webshops to select from) and compare hardware. 

like this:

Processor – Intel Core i7-3770 @ 3,4Ghz
Geheugen – 8GB (2x 4GB DDR3)
Opslag – 128GB SSD
Optische drive – CD/DVD-RW
Aansluitingen – oa USB 3.0, 2x DisplayPort en VGA
OS - Windows 7 Pro (Windows 7 licentie aanwezig)

Vraagprijs:: €280,-

Add a 2nd hand GPU, a HDD and some extra ram.

or:

Processor – Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3,3Ghz
Geheugen – 8GB (2x 4GB DDR3)
Opslag – 128GB SSD
Optische drive – CD/DVD-RW
Aansluitingen – oa USB 3.0, DisplayPort, DVI en VGA
Video - Dell Radeon HD 8570 (= 1GB)
OS - Windows 7 Pro (Windows 7 licentie aanwezig)

Vraagprijs:: €380,-

Okay guys, thanks, i selected 4 pc's 2 used that i can upgrade with a new videocard and 2 with the videocard

1st USED 375 euro (without a graphics card) 

Asus h87-plus 
Intel core I5 4670k (unlocked) @3,4 GHz turbo @ 3,9ghz,
Coolermaster 212 evo cpu koeler,
Corsair 400 watt 
16 gb ddr3 geheugen, 2 x 4 kingston, 2x4 corsair,
Kingston 120gb ssd 

2nd NEW 369 euro (without a graphics card) But i have money to spend to get one

2000Gb Westerndigital Black sata 64Mb Cache 7200tpm
Processor 4de gen i5-4460 quadcore 4x3,4Ghz
8Gb kingstone 1600Mhz interngeheugen, max 32 Gb
Spire400 watt 
Motherboard Asus Z97-AR,
6x usb 3 DisplayPort/Hdmi,
Integrated Grapics 4600
Aerow Cool GT-RS

3rd (BRAND NEW) Now this one is 629 euro (with the 1050 2 GB GPU),  it's 654 euro (with the 1050TI 4GB GPU)

Intel Pentium Quad Thread 3,5 GHZ (faster then 6-core AMD)

16 GB DDR4 Memory
Nvidia Geforce 1050 2 GB
DVI, HDMI, Displayport 
120 GB SSD

2tb harddisk

USB 3.0
1 Gigabit 
Surround 5.1 HD audio
PSU 500 watt Hyper 103 Cooler

4th one USED 590 euro

Processor: i5 4670K (€261)
Corsair Hydro watercooling (€100,-)
GPU MSI Gaming GTX 780 (€180)
Memory 8gb 2x4 1699mhz (€70)
Ssd: 256Gb (€70)
HDD: 1tb, 1000gb
MSI gaming z87-g45(€110)
cooler master (€110)
cooler master v550 (€95)
Cd/dvd drive(€20)

i5 4460 & i5 4670K don't differ that much, though with a decent cooler you might as well go for the latter and overclock it.

Always nice to have a bit bigger SSD to run the non-vid media of off. 1TB HDD space is on the small side.

Really depends on what the difference in starting budget is and what you have to buy.

I have no idea what GPUs are usable for emulation and what platforms, but I guess:

• i5 4670K / i5 4660 (stay away from stock coolers if possible)
  • 16 GB RAM
  • MB with at least one x16 PCI-e slot. Preferably PCI-e 3.0
  • 250GB SSD / 120GB SSD (120 is the absolute minimum / cheaper to add HDD space later down the line in general than buying a bigger SSD)
  • 2-4 TB HDD space at least (no 3TB drives! / no Green drives! / 7200rpm / really depends on what systems you want, but space is easily added)
  • go to a PSU calculation site and see with all the parts need if 400 Watt is enough or if you should go for a 550 one. (preferably Gold rating, at least Bronze / don't go to near to the max capacity of the PSU for lifespan and efficiency)

Z87/Z97 is an overclock platform, H87 (as well as B ) is not.

memory clock really isn't that important.

If you buy 2nd hand, replace the cooling paste on the CPU.

Well i consdered everything and made my choice thanks guys....this is the system.

Motherboard: Asus h87-plus 
Processor: Intel core I5 4670k (unlocked) @3,4 GHz turbo @ 3,9 GHz 
Ram: 16 gb ddr3GPU 
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition PNY (Got it for 100 euro)
Main drive: Kingston 120gb ssd
Extra Drive: Seagate 2TB 
PSU: Corsair 400 watt (think i will need to get a 500 watt for the GPU)
Total spend: € 475 

1 hour ago, SubZero said:

Well i consdered everything and made my choice thanks guys....this is the system.

Motherboard: Asus h87-plus 
Processor: Intel core I5 4670k (unlocked) @3,4 GHz turbo @ 3,9 GHz 
Ram: 16 gb ddr3 
GPU: GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB XLR8 Gaming Overclocked Edition PNY (Got it for 100 euro)
Main drive: Kingston 120gb ssd
Extra Drive: Seagate 2TB 
PSU: Corsair 400 watt (think i will need to get a 500 watt for the GPU)
Total spend: € 475 

Hmmm, seems ASUS has enabled overclocking on their H87 board. Seems like a good deal.

Here's a decent power calculation with an overclock, so you should be just about fine. Corsair makes decent PSU's too.

Archived