Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME setting "sliders"? for HLSL effects?

Nocturnaloner

Hi,

Great guide guys!

Look realy realy good.

Just wonder, can you make te screen higher and lower?

I work with a 4:3 screen. And i have black borders on the top and bottom.

Is it possible to adjust That? I played with settings. But negative;-(

I hope you can help me.

Tnx

Not sure about that, did you change the settings when running mame? Then adjusted the video artwork options.

Which version do you run?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
How are you guys getting your mame.ini file recognised when running hyperspin?

I have HSHL enabled when i run mame64.exe outside HS but it turns off when run in HS?

I had this issue...you must set the hlsl from 0 to 1 in the MAME.ini

I found that any hlsl settings changed with sliders were never saved and had to be entered manually into MAME.ini

I tried having a hlsl.ini placed in my ini folder and in my hlsl folder but neither saved slider settings. If anyone has worked this out I would love to know how too ;-)

I had this issue...you must set the hlsl from 0 to 1 in the MAME.ini

I found that any hlsl settings changed with sliders were never saved and had to be entered manually into MAME.ini

I tried having a hlsl.ini placed in my ini folder and in my hlsl folder but neither saved slider settings. If anyone has worked this out I would love to know how too ;-)

Thanks potts but I don't think I am explaining it properly.

I have already created my mame.ini and when i run mame out of hyperspin I get my customised graphic settings - scanlines and stretched.

However when i load mame from hyperspin it seems to be using graphic settings from somewhere else - no scanlines and 4:3 ratio.

This is happening to mame and zsnes. So it is like hyperspin is running the emulators in default graphics mode and ignoring the settings from mame.ini and zsnes.ini

You need to set it here (see screen shot), setting it in the Mame.ini makes no difference and Hyperlaunch will override those settings.

I did a video guide about HLSL which you can find on my channel. Potts43 founds some fantastic settings which have now evolved slightly and can be found in my ftp folder.

post-9524-142870670112_thumb.jpg

You need to set it here (see screen shot), setting it in the Mame.ini makes no difference and Hyperlaunch will override those settings.

I did a video guide about HLSL which you can find on my channel. Potts43 founds some fantastic settings which have now evolved slightly and can be found in my ftp folder.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50270[/ATTACH]

Thanks gigapig. So does mame.ini get completely ignored by HS or just the HLSL feature?

Thanks gigapig. So does mame.ini get completely ignored by HS or just the HLSL feature?

Don't quote me but I think HyperLaunch sends one of those command line strings to the emulator, telling it which settings to use, at least all the ones you see in HLHQ.

Like this. Run - "mame.exe 1942 -window -hlsl_enable -video d3d -artwork_crop -nouse_bezels -use_overlays -use_backdrops -nouse_cpanels -nouse_marquees -rompath "G:\MAME Roms"" Process ID: 8804

Don't quote me but I think HyperLaunch sends one of those command line strings to the emulator, telling it which settings to use, at least all the ones you see in HLHQ.

Like this. Run - "mame.exe 1942 -window -hlsl_enable -video d3d -artwork_crop -nouse_bezels -use_overlays -use_backdrops -nouse_cpanels -nouse_marquees -rompath "G:\MAME Roms"" Process ID: 8804

Thanks for your help gigapig. I assume it must call some of the settings from mame.ini or everyone would have the same HSHL settings, rather than the custom ones under the # DIRECT3D POST-PROCESSING OPTIONS.

I can't test this until I get home.

So for zsnes I presume i need to edit the module to get Hi-Res and the other filters to apply on launch?

So for zsnes I presume i need to edit the module to get Hi-Res and the other filters to apply on launch?

You can only set Full screen and the resolution in HLHQ for ZNesw, the filters can be set in the emulator, but perhaps your talking from experience and have added those settings into the module before?

If they are to be applied to all games isn't it just quicker to set them in the Emu?

You can only set Full screen and the resolution in HLHQ for ZNesw, the filters can be set in the emulator, but perhaps your talking from experience and have added those settings into the module before?

If they are to be applied to all games isn't it just quicker to set them in the Emu?

I remember that whatever settings i had in the emulator would be the same when it runs through hyperspin, but that isn't happening for me. When i run the emulator from HS it doesnt have scanlines or stretched screen.

Just wanted to say big thanks for your help. Turning on HLSL in HyperHQ fixed my mame graphics issue.

Zsnes kept changing the display by itself so i have removed it and i am using mess now. This works great, and i can use my mame HLSL settings too!

(Where did the thanks button go?!)

Just wanted to say big thanks for your help. Turning on HLSL in HyperHQ fixed my mame graphics issue.

Zsnes kept changing the display by itself so i have removed it and i am using mess now. This works great, and i can use my mame HLSL settings too!

(Where did the thanks button go?!)

You should also give RetroArch a try for the other systems, basically one emulator to rule them all.

The official word with the thanks button is that it was removed while the site was being worked on. A few other plugins were also removed, but the Thanks plugin is still off :(

You should also give RetroArch a try for the other systems, basically one emulator to rule them all.

The official word with the thanks button is that it was removed while the site was being worked on. A few other plugins were also removed, but the Thanks plugin is still off :(

Thanks again gigapig.

Is there a retroarch setup guide?

What systems do you have it running?

I find RA shaders very good but find it very processor demanding...even on powerful new systems. Also not user friendly to set up. I tried MESS and so far it's really good and once you've setup hlsl every system can use the same settings or adjust to each system based on a basic setup.

Only time will tell if it passes all tests...

I'm the opposite to potts, I've never got on with MESS and find most systems with RA very easy to set up (apart from the ones that use the MESS core.) He is correct though, it can be a bit odd setup wise for anyone new to it. Also if your not using a 360 controller, then the controls can be an issue, but I'm sure someone can help with that.

I have most Nintendo and Sega systems (Not Saturn) set up, also NEC PC Engine, PSP PSX etc etc.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?36930-Complete-RetroArch-Guide-For-Noobs

I'm the opposite to potts, I've never got on with MESS and find most systems with RA very easy to set up (apart from the ones that use the MESS core.) He is correct though, it can be a bit odd setup wise for anyone new to it. Also if your not using a 360 controller, then the controls can be an issue, but I'm sure someone can help with that.

I have most Nintendo and Sega systems (Not Saturn) set up, also NEC PC Engine, PSP PSX etc etc.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/forum/showthread.php?36930-Complete-RetroArch-Guide-For-Noobs

Think wanting to use my arcade buttons rather than a controller complicated things. But thinking now a few months on why wouldn't I just use a controller for the console....doh!

Still I'm finding mess ok and hlsl equal to RA but there's scope to try both with HL so try them all I say!

Got a wireless xbox 360 controller now so gonna try that.

Gig do you use Xpadder profiles?

Gig do you use Xpadder profiles?

If you mean for RetroArch no, it's supported out of the box, so you can just switch it on and it works, even if the emu is running. You can also use the guide button to access the menu and mess with the shaders.

I've been using Gigapigs settings for HSLS and they are by far the best I've found. I also use his settings for Retroarch shaders (from a screenshot he once posted). Again, best so far. Quite happy with both of them.

I feel a little awkward, because it was potts43 who first showed me the original curved HLSL settings. I did tweak them and do a guide about getting things working, and gave props in the video description. I suppose you could say we worked together on it, like the Mame Artwork Project :)

If you mean for RetroArch no, it's supported out of the box, so you can just switch it on and it works, even if the emu is running. You can also use the guide button to access the menu and mess with the shaders.

I feel a little awkward, because it was potts43 who first showed me the original curved HLSL settings. I did tweak them and do a guide about getting things working, and gave props in the video description. I suppose you could say we worked together on it, like the Mame Artwork Project :)

Grin and thank you...a great team

gigapig do you have a guide on properly setting up MESS in HyperSpin? I just got finished using your YouTube guide to setup Mugen (Which I'm not really familiar with but wanted to challenge myself.) Very good and thorough guide.

gigapig do you have a guide on properly setting up MESS in HyperSpin? I just got finished using your YouTube guide to setup Mugen (Which I'm not really familiar with but wanted to challenge myself.) Very good and thorough guide.

Sorry bro, I mentioned a few posts up that I've never really got it working very well, and what I did get working was just luck I think.

Here's a thread with some info and links on it, I may do something in the future, who knows.

Thanks for the compliment :cheers:

Archived