Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

setting up controls for all sytems on ipac 4 player on a hyperpie build?

saiyan7702

title says it all, i built a 4 player arcade using  ipac 4 player and i have a trackball. I got the buttons working in attract mode on retropie but like none of the buttons work in all the other systems. Does anyone have any config files to share or can help me get all the systems set up? thanks

• 4 months later...

This is something that I've been trying to work on for years, but I always get pulled away by another project.  I think I'm gonna give this 100% of my time for the next three nights to come up with a proper setup that will work across all emulators....stay tuned.

• 1 month later...

you have two options

1. remap ALL your NON retropie systems to the keys you currently have in your ipac

2. create new ipac controller profiles for all of your non retropie systems.

use RL to swap out the ipac controller profiles for each individual system "WHEN" launched.

nobody is going to give you a downloadable solution because nobody knows (or has) the emulators you are running.

keyboard encoders should be phased out years ago.  the only reason they exist is because of Serial port based Windows 95 joysticks.

most if not all of todays emulators support joysticks, and joystick support has improved a long way since Windows 95.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/10/2017 at 8:50 PM, 32assassin said:

you have two options

1. remap ALL your NON retropie systems to the keys you currently have in your ipac

2. create new ipac controller profiles for all of your non retropie systems.

use RL to swap out the ipac controller profiles for each individual system "WHEN" launched.

nobody is going to give you a downloadable solution because nobody knows (or has) the emulators you are running.

keyboard encoders should be phased out years ago.  the only reason they exist is because of Serial port based Windows 95 joysticks.

most if not all of todays emulators support joysticks, and joystick support has improved a long way since Windows 95.

If you didnt use an Ipac like board how would you map your buttons on a cab, Joysticks maybe great but a complete arcade cab needs some sort of mapping for the actual buttons...

• 2 months later...

so i just did this.  i have a 4 player box with ipac.  remapped using this image on ipac  

went into mame and deleted all control settings, then mapped to this   

i changed the enter to the semicolon to prevent issues with ui

then i just went into each emulator and mapped the joystick buttons to the system buttons (button 1=b in nestopia, etc)

A9061D79-5008-46CB-9B14-8BBB425E30FF.png

On 11/3/2017 at 1:39 AM, richie_jones said:

If you didnt use an Ipac like board how would you map your buttons on a cab, Joysticks maybe great but a complete arcade cab needs some sort of mapping for the actual buttons...

I have no clue what you mean by this

even a $10 joystick encoder gives you a joystick input and about 8-10 button inputs. 6-8 of those buttons are assigned to  punch, kick ect.   the remainder can be used for Esc, P ect.

Archived