Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Launching Emma 02 (RCA Studio II) from Hyperspin

StoningtonQB

I'm trying to launch Studio II using Emma 02. There is literally nothing I can find for command line documentation. Can someone kindly post a copy of their launcher or better yet a one-liner showing how they are getting a game to launch? It would have been nice just to use Mame for this system but it is not working for me.

• 1 year later...
On 24.4.2017 at 9:41 PM, StoningtonQB said:

I'm trying to launch Studio II using Emma 02. There is literally nothing I can find for command line documentation. Can someone kindly post a copy of their launcher or better yet a one-liner showing how they are getting a game to launch? It would have been nice just to use Mame for this system but it is not working for me.

there is a pack by ghostlost on youtube. i can't get the emulator work - only black screen. maybe you can find a way to play the games and tell me here?

7 hours ago, diskmach said:

Iirc, you have to press the right key to get the game started. Before you do that, the screen is just black. Hope this helps, I'm on the phone, so can't check.

it wasn't the right key (so not the key for "right") but it was one of the keys and they work now. thank you very much!!! :)

Using MAME/MESS:

TV Arcade I: Spacewar
TV Arcade V: Speedway + Tag

F3 then Q for game 1

TV Arcade I works using
F3 then Q for game 1
F3 then E for game 2

TV Arcade V works using
F3 then Q for game 1
F3 then W for game 2

Upper and lower case letter keys both work.

Note: The studio2 XML file inside the mame\hash folder shows the actual RCA Studio II keypad buttons to use to open each game.

Archived