Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Visual PinBall DMD Not Keeping It's Position On Second Screen

spacegoogie

I'm not really a newbie when it comes to this stuff, but now I need some help. I'm running windows 7 32-bit with an BFG 8800 GTS 512. Visual PinBall 9.xx and 8.xx( about a year and a half ago same setup worked) The problem I'm having is my DMD will not stay put on the second monitor. I have to reposition to the second screen every time I restart a table.

I have look at all kinds of suggestions on the VP forums from using older drivers (I was using latest now I'm trying 182.50 with no luck) reinstalling PinMame to deleting stuff in regedit. My second monitor is also set up to the right of the play-field. The funny thing is when I launch VP I have to drag the DMD to the top of the Play-Field monitor, so VP is seeing monitor 1 under monitor 2 ? Yet when I'm not in VP everything can be dragged to the right. So I'm thinking this might have something to do with it. Anyway it's driving me nuts and any help on a fix for this would be nice.

Thanks Again! :beer:

two things

1) are you using the pinmame cab .dll? If not it wont save position. You need to get that seperatly and overwrite exisitng one.

2) Make sure your playfield monitor is the first one listed when you go into the monitor control panel. (Right click desktop/properties) If its not the first, unplug other monitors. restart computer and then plug in others one at a time. This way Playfield will be saved as first monitor in OS.

two things

1) are you using the pinmame cab .dll? If not it wont save position. You need to get that seperatly and overwrite exisitng one.

2) Make sure your playfield monitor is the first one listed when you go into the monitor control panel. (Right click desktop/properties) If its not the first, unplug other monitors. restart computer and then plug in others one at a time. This way Playfield will be saved as first monitor in OS.

Yes I have copied over the pinmamecab.dll file and my playfield monitor is #1 and is on the left, 2nd screen for DMD is on the right of it.

Where did u get the 182.50 drivers from for win 7, can find them. Also does FP work fine in win 7 under the latest drivers, i though it was just XP that didnt like the newest nvidia driver for FP??

Nvidia website, use the vista drivers. I don't know about FP I'm only using VP.

Hey spacegoogie,

Make sure that you set VP to run as Administrator and in XP SP3 compatibility mode. Also, the DMD can be hard coded in the script of the table. You may need to edit the script and comment out the DMD position. I had to do this on a couple tables that the DMD kept jumping back into it's scripted position when the table was closed and re-opened.

also if your going to run windows 7 and only 32bit you might as well run winxp sp3. XP will work with VP anf FP no problems with thw 182.50 driver

I use my cabinet for other games and things as well, windows 7 runs everything fine. The only problem I'm having is the darn DMD not holding its position.

Hey spacegoogie,

Make sure that you set VP to run as Administrator and in XP SP3 compatibility mode. Also, the DMD can be hard coded in the script of the table. You may need to edit the script and comment out the DMD position. I had to do this on a couple tables that the DMD kept jumping back into it's scripted position when the table was closed and re-opened.

Thanks Dazz, I'm going to try that right now.:top:

Ok, tried the Admin and the compatibility with no luck, The DMD is not hard coded because I can move it anywhere on the playfield exit and when I go back into that table the DMD will be right where I left it. Should I reinstall nvidia drivers 182.50? or 182.06? Because I did reinstall the latest. Also I don't understand why VP is putting monitor #2 on top of monitor #1. In windows they are side by side.

You're using 4:3 screen setup, right? I'm not sure how to do a 2 screen setup with 4:3 screens. I'll have to install VP on my MAME cab and test and see what's going on.

You are using VP907, right?

The driver shouldn't be an issue... The specific driver version we use for pincabs is because of FP not being able to display the backglass in the newer nVidia drivers. As far as VP, I don't think the driver matters...

You're using 4:3 screen setup, right? I'm not sure how to do a 2 screen setup with 4:3 screens. I'll have to install VP on my MAME cab and test and see what's going on.

You are using VP907, right?

The driver shouldn't be an issue... The specific driver version we use for pincabs is because of FP not being able to display the backglass in the newer nVidia drivers. As far as VP, I don't think the driver matters...

yes VP907, The playfield is 16x10 and the DMD screen is 4x3.

How are you going about saving the DMD location? Are you right clicking the DMD to show borders, moving the dmd, and then right click to remove the border?

I right click, show border, move DMD and then exit the table and then save the table.

How are you going about saving the DMD location? Are you right clicking the DMD to show borders, moving the dmd, and then right click to remove the border?

I right click, show border, move DMD and then exit the table and then save the table.

Yep thats how I do it.

post-3138-142870571955_thumb.jpg

Yep thats how I do it.
Ok, from that screen shot it appears that you are indeed using 4:3 tables and not FS tables.

Hmm, in windows the screens are setup as

1 2

What happens if you do

If you aren't able to figure this out; I'll try it out on my setup tomorrow afternoon.

Ok, from that screen shot it appears that you are indeed using 4:3 tables and not FS tables.

Hmm, in windows the screens are setup as

1 2

What happens if you do

If you aren't able to figure this out; I'll try it out on my setup tomorrow afternoon.

I'll try that, thanks Dazz

Spacegoogie: This may or may not be useful but my who dunnit dmd would always wind up turned sideways every time I loaded it, even though I changed the setting in the registry to ROL = 0

Have you tried deleting the rom and the ram file and starting over?

Spacegoogie: This may or may not be useful but my who dunnit dmd would always wind up turned sideways every time I loaded it, even though I changed the setting in the registry to ROL = 0

Have you tried deleting the rom and the ram file and starting over?

Thanks for the help I did try this and it look as the DMD is now more than halfway over to screen #2..... This is just nuts :banghead:

This VP is getting to me, I uploaded the wrong pic, the right one is now here.

post-3138-142870571958_thumb.jpg

I have it working fine in my cab with win 7... however I have UVP set up as well but doesnt make a difference for the DMD..

all the suggestions from everyone should work if done correctly.. this is my setup..

screens are set up

playfield (1) dmd/backglass (2) in windows (ie. main monitor is to the left of the secondary display

using 197.45 nvidia drivers - 9500 GT 1 Gb

the cabinet version of pinmame.dll

Cabinet Pinmame

My showcase cab in action

I have it working fine in my cab with win 7... however I have UVP set up as well but doesnt make a difference for the DMD..

all the suggestions from everyone should work if done correctly.. this is my setup..

screens are set up

playfield (1) dmd/backglass (2) in windows (ie. main monitor is to the left of the secondary display

using 197.45 nvidia drivers - 9500 GT 1 Gb

the cabinet version of pinmame.dll

Cabinet Pinmame

My showcase cab in action

I wonder if it has something to do with my monitors? Monitor #1 22" 16x10 1680x1050. Monitor #2 8" 4x3 1024x768. MotherBoard is an EVGA 780i FTW 3-way SLI. Just saw your VP setup. NICE!!

Archived