Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

What diference between PSP and PSN ???

Sir Cyrano

I think that PSP renaming and getting the games to a standard is a tricky thing to reach.(correct me, if I'm wrong).

No-Intro is not officially supporting PSP, there are only third party *.dat files.

Only found one set in No-Intro standard, numbered up to 300. So there are missing many many games for the No-Intro set. (retail releases).

There are complete No-Intro PSN sets. as far as I know, it's also possible to download them directly from sony servers and it is possible to decrypt them (just ps3 games or psp also?).

Only problem with PSN is, that it doesn't have all PSP games, so you probably won't find everything that's good in PSN sets alone. I think PSN has some PSP minis and maybe other files, that are only there, and not in the normale retail psp set, because it's download-only content.

I don't know which releases were used to create the inofficial No-Intro standardized dat file.

you can find some (complete?) scene sets, they are zipped twice, like 10 zip files with scene names in one zip file.

In my understanding not very comfortable to use... If you unzip it to a single iso and rename it, it won't fit neither in the scene *.dat nor in the No-Intro *.dat, just in some cases.

i tried to rename my psp collection through clrmp with the No-Intro and Advanscene *.dats, some were fitting in No-Intro and renamed correctly, some were fitting in scene standard and were renamed like that. most of the games were moved to unknown by clrmp.

I guess the easiest way is, to mix up different releases/formats (I mean of course only games you legally own and dumped by yourself!!1), rename by hand, then create your own *.xml and wait till there are better No-Intro sets. ( imho it is better to just collect whats really good, who needs 10tb or so psp trash? ;)

I watched over the psp games many times and have a list of around 150 releases, that are worth having for me.

Hope I wrote understandable, english is not my native language. :)

af anyone knows, how to rename/rebuild different psp *.iso and *.cso files, please tell. :)

• 1 year later...

I realize this is an old thread but some more information might be useful for other people searching similar questions.

Zerojay is correct...

PSP

The retail games are referred to as UMD's (very similar to CD's) and are always dumped into .iso format.

This is what the No-Intro set contains.

.cso files are created from these by end users/sharers mostly to just save space. By the very nature of the UMD's disk drive, seek times were made faster by inserting blank "padding" into some game images. Since the image is no longer being read from the drive but a rather zippy memory stick, these paddings are no longer needed in most games. Be warned though, before you go wanting to convert all your .iso's to save space, this will break some games! Others will simply refuse to convert no matter what utility you use. 

There are zero .cso files in the No-Intro set.

PSN

Games from the playstation network (PSN) are always in "eboot.pbp" format.

Because they are all named the same... and contain other files (document.dat and key.bin) they are not much good to you unless you have an actual PSP with custom firmware.

In theory you could create dummy files of the games names to populate a list in hypersin, but ppsspp doesn't currently support eboot's either. Haven't tried any other emus.

Just a warning before people go DLing 100's GBs data thinking they will be able to add these to their wheel.

And yes! Sometimes games were released both in stores and on-line so there are two versions, thus two rips and will appear in both sets.

yeah... I realized after I pushed post that the mini's came in iso format too...

After a quick google, several tools come up. Do you recommend one?

Still, that's all manually 1 by 1 not to mention the testing. Guess you'd also have to create your own database as well. I may have to leave that one till I have more time.

After getting a few of the default systems done I decided to try adding PSP, been a long time since I gave mine any love. lol 

The game videos for umds are pretty scarce right now so I'm considering going over to emumovies and see if I can help in some way. Hypersync pulled 160/1009 but there have been recent updates so someone is working on them. Where is love for this awesome little system? 

Wow yeah, after checking... all mine are iso! All except the 1 game I went for first (FFVIII).  I tried one of the converters but it did not work.

I am also noticing that some PSN games are included in the DB. "101 in 1 Megamix" for example, but not all! No "Angry Birds" or any of the minis...

I guess the PSP still needs a lot of work still.

Archived