Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Avar

Every day as time/content permits, I'm going to try to make a post on the HyperSpin facebook to try to publicly highlight and give credit for some of the great work that goes on in the HyperSpin community. I put some recent examples at the bottom of this post.

I'm hoping that fellow HyperSpinners can help me pin down awesome projects by nominating developments here or via PM. Also, if anyone would like their work to be in the spotlight let me know! I don't want to focus on any one specific aspect of HyperSpin either so if people are working their butts off on anything at all, whether it be a database, artwork, a personal cabinet project, a third-party tool, anything at all, let me know B)

If I ever miss updates to your project, please don't feel slighted! I try to keep track of everything cool I see on the forums but my days are hectic and I sometimes lose track :morning2: For example I saw a really clean looking Epoch update a few weeks ago from someone but haven't been able to find it again :anyone:

Cheers!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Winning, teamwork

I will try and give this thread some heads up if i see anything.

Not sure if @ci2own bezel set had a mention. 

Also Krackerman needs some love. That guy is a tropper.

Also the Nintendo GameCube disc thread is bubbling away with some outstanding quality.

2 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Winning, teamwork

I will try and give this thread some heads up if i see anything.

Not sure if @ci2own bezel set had a mention. 

Also Krackerman needs some love. That guy is a tropper.

Also the Nintendo GameCube disc thread is bubbling away with some outstanding quality.

Thank you very much thatman84! It would be great because i guess a lot of people doesn't know there's nearly complete set of bezels (Only handhelds are missing).

So it was you! thanks ! :)

Subs's wii-u and 3ds themes perhaps ? I don't know if that's dangerous to mention on social media.. with Nintendo and all and you know how they get when you tread on their intellectual property

Thank you Avar for the mention.

- crown's unified bezel pack and kraker's bezel experience project for sure are worth mentioning.

- fr0st's HBL app is something that we should advertise for sure, however we might want to wait a little bit more in its development (and check with him as well).

Did a big one today to make up for the ongoing projects I missed. The only thing I didn't include from what was mentioned was the Wii U / 3DS themes but I will tomorrow. It's arguably just "fanart" so I can't see Nintendo getting terribly pissy and they have bigger fish to fry. Will cover more on HyperBase Live in the near future as it levels up to its next form.

Thanks so much for the help guys. This is something I've wanted to do for years but it's daunting with all the great work going on. I appreciate you making sure I don't miss anything!

@Avar don't cover to much in one article. you will exhaust the news supply and then there will be silence again.

as you can see by the amount of likes and comments, hyperspin has lost quite an amount of following. and in my humble opinion it's not the amount of stuff you cover in one article but more the amount of articles you put out, spread it about in days and give each item that you're covering a bit more attention.

now don't take my word for it as I'm just an IT proffesional and not known for my communication skills. it's a, I hesitate to use this phrase, "feeling' *shudder* that I have.

Just a quick spotlight today on @SubZero Nintendo projects. Heading into the boonies w/o internet, likely for the evening (longer if I'm murdered) but I should be back for another update tomorrow, hopefully one that includes the next HS Tut @_@

One-shot update today to bring everyone's attention to RetroHumanoid's hefty RL Fade/Pause project! There were a number of great themes and an awesome Box Art set from SupraKarma that I've made note of as well for later.

• Avar pinned this topic

Today's HyperUpdate showcases Husko and Voidwalker's NES marquees, GeraldVegas and ericleroi's cabs, gooch's Game Boy database, and the new tut.

Side note: I always feel like there's news I don't have the space/time to cover in a given day so please don't anyone be hurt if I missed you! There was some great new themes and sets added to the dl section and there are always impressive project updates to be had. Don't hesitate to post here if you want help getting the word out about your project!

Big one today! Covered @griffin518's bezels, @KlopjerO's kind upload of @thatpurplestuff's lovely ScummVM work, my Bliss-Box Firmware update vid, @Mykillvee's steady and ongoing theme creation efforts, mentioned that @ci2own's bezel project reaching full maturation, and I begrudgingly gave @husko and @VoidWalker a second consecutive day of mention for how goddamn glorious those two Final Fantasy ones looked when I checked this morning @_@;

Work's been crazy today so a quick update to show off to the public how much the resolution has increased in artwork recently, a really slick wheel set cleaned up by Kondorito that was submitted a ways back and never officially added, some more themes/marquees, Bliss-Box's new purchasing options, and SupraKarma's latest Ultimate set. Cheers!

Was a super busy day for me but I managed to fit the update in :nyam2:With a few modern themes released at at about the same time, I took the opportunity to show off some other random PC Game themes on top of the day's news.

There were a lot of people I missed today that I'll have to pick up tomorrow! On that note, today's shout out was to @Suhrvivor, @svinik, @odenmc, @SupraKarma, @Circo, and @DamnedRegistrations. Y'all rock!

Have a great day/night everybody! Is Avar sleepytime! :empathy2:

• Circo unpinned and locked this topic

Archived