Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Ok everyone! Let's hear your Opinions on Rec Room Masters! The Good The Bad and Ugly

propdept

:good:Ok everyone I am searching to buy a game Cabinet and Rec Room Masters is at the top of my list. :dance:  I don't want a Cabinet that I gotta restore and I don't have woodworking skills.   :shok: So you might say, Rec Room Masters is a no brainer.   :good:But I want to hear you impressions and thoughts All Good and All Bad.  

Many thanks!

You're not going to get many responses on them, most of the guys here restore or build their own, but like you I said "So if I don't know woodwork I am not allowed to have a cab? Screw that!" 

So I bought an Xtension back in 2010. It's  very solid, however I had to modify it quite a bit to make it more authentic. They have  progressed quite a bit since then, but in my opinion their new cabs are way overpriced. I spent 400 for mine. Now their cabs are 800+ For a full upright. No thanks.

I bought the pedestal last year as I don't have woodworking skills either. I'm very happy with it. I mounted a 40 inch LCD on the wall and have the pedestal pushed flush against the wall. The LCD looks at first glance to be mounted to the pedestal this way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just custom made a design and forwarded to my china factory  for tailor made order, they done all the wood work + 2 screens installation.

Truck it to me in big GIANT Wooden Box , I could not even get into my apartment from main door.

Break it down under my building and remove the cab back to my flat. That's it my master piece without SOUL!

Blessed her Hyperspin life.

2 hours ago, shitoken said:

I just custom made a design and forwarded to my china factory  for tailor made order, they done all the wood work + 2 screens installation.

Truck it to me in big GIANT Wooden Box , I could not even get into my apartment from main door.

Break it down under my building and remove the cab back to my flat. That's it my master piece without SOUL!

Blessed her Hyperspin life.

shitoken, got some pics? I want to see it :)

2 hours ago, shitoken said:

thank you friends,

I design it slimmer in size to enable me to open the door next to the machine and enough space to plug in my G27 with racing stand + sit

Finally we get to see your dream machine and what a beauty. :thumbsu:

Thank you bros , my pigeon and dove too haha they like to stand on top of machine and when I start playing they will fly down next to me like to be my audience.

Tapatalk を使用して私の MIX から送信

I can't get your pics to show Shitoken.

To TC: I have never actually used or seen a Recroom Masters cab in person, just videos and pictures. When I decided to build a Hyperspin machine I looked at their products quite a bit (and many, many, many others).

The thing that kept me from using theirs is simply that they don't really look like arcade cabinets. They really stand out as obviously not being real arcade machines and look more like cheap Ikea furniture or a fold up store display. Especially when paired with the X-arcade joysticks instead of an actual control panel. However I suppose it is also kind of a case of you get what you pay for.

To TC: I have never actually used or seen a Recroom Masters cab in person, just videos and pictures. When I decided to build a Hyperspin machine I looked at their products quite a bit (and many, many, many others).
The thing that kept me from using theirs is simply that they don't really look like arcade cabinets. They really stand out as obviously not being real arcade machines and look more like cheap Ikea furniture or a fold up store display. Especially when paired with the X-arcade joysticks instead of an actual control panel. However I suppose it is also kind of a case of you get what you pay for.

Hi Metalzoic
My browser does not show the photos either I tried twice, but I can see them when I edit only really strange. Tapatalk can see them all, I posted and uploaded via Tapatalk better than linking to Dropbox. Maybe some issue with this forum.

Tapatalk を使用して私の MIX から送信

Hello everyone! thank you all for the replies..... I cant see his pictures either :unhappy:  I agree that their cabs DONT MATCH a TRUE arcade machine. But without woodworking skills I am limited.  But why I started this post was to find out about peoples experiences with the company.  Now I know there is a company out there also called Northcoast Custom Arcades but what has moved me off them is that their cabs take a real Monitor and not a 40 inch LED. 

Anyway  I agree Rec Room Masters  Cabs are not authentic but I must make allowances.  I want to hear about anyone's customer experiences with that company and I can make my decision.  If I hear impressions overwhelmingly good , then its a go...or bad  ....then  I really don't need to have a game cab......(it would have been a great idea but...........) is my thoughts................

Many thanks all!

I have one of their cabs and one of their control panels and I can say it's top notch. Their customer service is impeccable as well. I have gone back and forth with the owners multiple times via email. Just great guys over there. I happened to be one of the first guys to buy their new control panels so they let me customize the artwork for free.  They respond really quickly to any questions. 

I have one of their sit-down arcade cabs with the extension on the bottom to make it a stand up.  I absolutely love it. The cabinet space underneath holds / hides all my other controllers. It may not look like an old school arcade cabinet but anyone that sees it knows exactly what it is lol. I can tell you I am actually skilled at wood working but just don't have the time. I also have insane access to arcade cabs because my father works on arcade games for a living lol but this was just way more convenient for me. Besides I'm waiting to pull some strings / get some favors from my dad when I buy my new house this year. Hydro thunder and southpark pinball are a must haha.

31 minutes ago, epayson85 said:

I have one of their cabs and one of their control panels and I can say it's top notch. Their customer service is impeccable as well. I have gone back and forth with the owners multiple times via email. Just great guys over there. I happened to be one of the first guys to buy their new control panels so they let me customize the artwork for free.  They respond really quickly to any questions. 

I have one of their sit-down arcade cabs with the extension on the bottom to make it a stand up.  I absolutely love it. The cabinet space underneath holds / hides all my other controllers. It may not look like an old school arcade cabinet but anyone that sees it knows exactly what it is lol. I can tell you I am actually skilled at wood working but just don't have the time. I also have insane access to arcade cabs because my father works on arcade games for a living lol but this was just way more convenient for me. Besides I'm waiting to pull some strings / get some favors from my dad when I buy my new house this year. Hydro thunder and southpark pinball are a must haha.

Hey! Care to share a pic of how that sit/stand extension is? I want to make one for one of my sets. Thanks!

On 5/20/2017 at 0:29 PM, Metalzoic said:

HI Metalzoic

I figured out how to upload pics on this forum hehe

Reattaching

IMG_20170520_010235_HDR.jpg.a70b56abf0973053c99956dff224b7d7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone! thank you all for the replies..... I cant see his pictures either :unhappy:  I agree that their cabs DONT MATCH a TRUE arcade machine. But without woodworking skills I am limited.  But why I started this post was to find out about peoples experiences with the company.  Now I know there is a company out there also called Northcoast Custom Arcades but what has moved me off them is that their cabs take a real Monitor and not a 40 inch LED. 

Anyway  I agree Rec Room Masters  Cabs are not authentic but I must make allowances.  I want to hear about anyone's customer experiences with that company and I can make my decision.  If I hear impressions overwhelmingly good , then its a go...or bad  ....then  I really don't need to have a game cab......(it would have been a great idea but...........) is my thoughts................

Many thanks all!

Archived