Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MAME software list and HyperSpin

EyMannMachHin

I thought I should leave another message here on the Android board, too.

Even though the CMD method from @thatman84 does sort of work for me (it does for my Atari 5200 setup, but breaks again on the Bally Astrocade), the MAME Software list method works 100% of the time for me.

So I came up with a little Windows Powershell Script (after only learning about it this week) that will read a MAME software list and a HyperSpin database and convert the game names it finds in them to MAME software list names, so you can use the ROMs with those names. It only does matching by CRC so it will possibly leave a few unchanged (actually A7800 doesn't match at all with the HyperSpin database, but RetroArch comes with it's own core for A7800 ;) ) but it will give you a start without having to manually convert them all.

http://www.hyperspin-fe.com/files/file/13773-swlists-hs-convertps1/

2 minutes ago, Avar said:

Gonna feature this tonight as well. Thanks for spreading the word and for the wonderful script.

It's really far from perfect, as far as the Hyperbase databases. ;) It might leave folks with still more work than they bargained for. It's probably more the feature that Powershell naturally handles XML files that needs the focus so all our datters can learn from it. Unless they all have been using it already all along and have been keeping stonemansonry secrets from us all :rofl:

this is aewsome.

If it works well I would like to see this PINNED

Side note @Avar while your here, Is the new forum layout your handy work? It so I like it, and thank you for your flurry of activity and hard work with the place. Little late to be called a spring clean but none the less a good start of the deepclean.

Take a little break and play some Paperboy :)

• 11 months later...

Sorry to resurrect a year old post but I was brainstorming today on how to generate a hyperspin list that works for mame/mess software lists roms and came across this post.

Later on I was experimenting with romlister and I was able to generate accurate hyperspin lists using the xml hash files from mame as my source xmls. It works great. So far, Phillips cdi was the only list that generated some extra entries that wouldn't launch in RLHQ. I think I'll be able to use Don's tools to generate a new list with only the matching chds though. Haven't tested Hypersync yet for downloading media but I did try EmuMovies media downloader and it seems to be working. 

If anyone is interested, I can detail the process or share the xmls. 

• 1 month later...

Archived