Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Need to ask a question about a PC Build

germino89

Hi there everyone. I plan on building a Bartop Arcade with HyperSpin as the Frontend. I currently have a EVGA GT 730 1GB Graphics Card laying around, and I was wondering whats the best type of build around this GPU? I only plan on maybe going up to Dreamcast on the system, and don't plan on Gamecube or PS2 at all. What I really want out of this system is to have video previews, and filters and scanlines. Thanks for reading.

Hey, I'm not sure this answers your question atall but I'm planning on building myself a cabinet with my old PC parts which had a GTX 560 Graphics card (probably around £40) and an FX 6300 CPU, (around £70) I used them to play ps2 games smoothly upscalled and even some of the latest PC games in the lowest graphics, 
Not sure if this helps but they are fairly cheap parts and might do the trick for you if you fancy getting abit higher systems in the future

Going to be honest, you need some horsepower to run Dreamcast emulation. That video card is on the very low-end side, and probably won't be good for 3D emulation like Dolphin or DEmul.

CamoUchiha's card is a GTX, and is midranged card, probably about the minimum for effective 3D emulation.

You can run pretty much any arcade game on that via MAME, SNES, Neo Geo, ect on that card. But 3D emulation is probably out of the question.

Archived