Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Noise through Speakers

Guys

I know this has been spoken about before, but i`ve tried most of the suggestions i can find.

I have the usual amplifier that most people use from Arcadeworld.co.uk pictured below. I think there pretty standard and i see them in various disguises with different names on.

I get horrendous noise coming through my speakers, Doesn't matter where i place it.  I can here the mouse moving across the screen, the hard drive noise comes through any changes in colours to the screen if i go from a dark desktop to a light one for example.  Its much better with the sound on the amp turned down say to 50% and im happy with the volume at this level, thought every thing was ok works great in hyperspin, but if i play games through steam its really bad.  

I had 2 ferite rings, the ones you used to get when you bought a new PC case and you'd think what the hell are these for!!!.  I`ve wrapped the speaker wires around these as i read somewhere that would help but its made no difference.  

I`m willing to do anything really as the amp was only cheap so i`d consider a better quality amp but i`d like to know whats causing it.  All my cables pretty much run together through a hole in the cab so power wires and line in to the amp run passed each other, but ive never had an issue before.  

Would a USB soundcard sort it. I have zero space for a normal soundcard.

I`d also seen some people suggest you could disable some CPU settings in the bios, Step something?? But i can`t find any reference to it in my bios.

Appreciate some ideas thanks.

Stereo-Sound-Amplifier-1__94574.1383904022.380.380.jpg

20170602_115526.jpg

20170602_115533.jpg

Did anyone suggest putting ferrite beads on the input side? Does the input come straight from the motherboard? And the cables come with the kit?

I used and old Logitech 2:1 PC speaker set and just used the controls and sub, the speakers went in the bin. There's a bit of hum but nothing else. 

I remember some years ago that I had an issue with an amplifier similar to that one. The problem in my case ended up being with the transformer/adapter that came with the amplifier. Not only it was of bad quality and did not gave the correct V to power it (cannot recall if it was less than the required or more), but also had no grounding.

I'll try a ferrite bead in the input then, not seen that suggested but worth a try.
I have a 90 degree 3.5mm jack to female 3.5mm socket coming off the motherboard about 10 inches long then this connects to the 3.5mm to 2 of them rca input things on the amp..all off eBay..

I do have a Logitech 2.1 going spare but I'm restricted to space. You reckon it would fit?

1 minute ago, richie_jones said:

I'll try a ferrite bead in the input then, not seen that suggested but worth a try.
I have a 90 degree 3.5mm jack to female 3.5mm socket coming off the motherboard about 10 inches long then this connects to the 3.5mm to 2 of them rca input things on the amp..all off eBay..

I do have a Logitech 2.1 going spare but I'm restricted to space. You reckon it would fit?

Kondorito had a good point about grounding.

My Logitech has the amp built into the sub and I have that bolted under the cab in dead space. It volume controls are tiny once removed from the speaker and I have that hidden in one of the control panels with the buttons sticking out underneath. 

If you move the amp around, does the sound quality improve a bit?

Try moving it away from speakers and PC and maybe add shielding around it?

Btw, are those automotive speakers?  If so, they probably aren't magnetically shielded.  Check this site:

http://andrewrondeau.com/Voight Pipes/shielding.html

There are bucking magnets you can add to the speakers.

I have some kicker car speakers in my cab.  I had some thick copper plating that I grounded and added to the rear of the speakers.  Not sure how well this helps but sound is great.

1 hour ago, richie_jones said:

22 quid mike!!!!

That one looks better though...

I think i have two of those in my attic which I'd be happy to post to you.

I meant yhe ground loop thing not the amp.

This is What i have installed between my computer audio out (i use a sound interface with XLR) and the active active amplified speakers. Not wires is conbected to a ground. The box isolates and there's a ground switch for each side. It probably inverts the phase. http://www.avshop.ca/sound-amp-pa-audio/accessories/hum-eliminators/digiflex-ddiso-stereo-passive-isolation-box

I had tiny high pitch sqweeks noise before, related to certain actions or software like Chrome.

Envoyé de mon SM-T230NU en utilisant Tapatalk

I think i have two of those in my attic which I'd be happy to post to you.
I meant yhe ground loop thing not the amp.

That would be great I'll pm you..

I've had some success. Ive used a 12volt led supply, even the plug on the end was the right size..its perfect now except for one thing. It buzes like he'll now when I first power up at the wall.
Gives out a continuas buzz. Quite loud as well. As soon as you press the power button to boot the pc up it stops immediately.
I'll post a vid in a minute

Archived