Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

First time cabinet build.

kincaid76

So i just learned about hyperspin about 2 weeks ago. Now building a cabinet. Figured i would just jump right in. Started with the plans for Moon patrol cab. But morphing it to suit my tastes.

First widened it to 30". May expand the screen to a 32" later. Right now got a 20" monitor off ebay for $45.

7fb2b74226a4dedaf88e3aa0b440b169.jpg

8ae899cbadaa3079a05d9101ec576c40.jpg

842d4858b7d5fcd0b378f697ce1b791a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is going to reside in my hallway. I want it to look like an old arcade. Might to a Donkey Kong theme. So from the side i want it to appear old. But when you get up to it, it obviously has more to it.

Anyway this is as far as i got tonight. Tomorrow will mount the door and hardware. Still need to cut the acrylic for marquee and screen. And build the control panel.

deaac018951f50d057c1166c44e18bbf.jpg

You are fast mate. What I did was at beginning I use my working computer to build up my hyperspin disk drive system by system with all the information here during my spare times. It took me years to full load my drive and buy new drives to expand. Finally after all I decided to build a cabinet . You are real fast mate. Hehe

Tapatalk を使用して私の MIX から送信

Ya i bought a computer loaded with hyperspin and mame. The other emulators are not linked and have no roms. So will need to learn how to set this up. But i at least have a system that runs mame for now. Thats why i jumped on the cabinet now.

Depends on all the menu features you want but there's Genre, Favorites on top of the regular stuff so yeah that'd prolly be enough.

So i should 6 extra buttons? Man, i will have to get creative. I didn't give my self much room for controls. Oops.

Wow i need more buttons than i planned. So i have japan style buttons with the 4 useless turbo, auto, mode buttons. Can i buy a 3rd one of these boards to get more buttons? Will i be able to configure another one of these boards later? Or am i totally using the wrong board setup for what i am trying to do?

Wow i need more buttons than i planned. So i have japan style buttons with the 4 useless turbo, auto, mode buttons. Can i buy a 3rd one of these boards to get more buttons? Will i be able to configure another one of these boards later? Or am i totally using the wrong board setup for what i am trying to do?

Don't worry about that if your board doesn't allow more buttons . You can map shifted buttons if want, so you can use the same button for various purposes.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk Pro

Cool thanks for the help! I am almost finished with the cabinet. Moved it into the house. Just need to mount the joy sticks and wire everything up. Then start mapping the buttons and controls.
Will do graphics later. I want to just get it working first.

1 hour ago, kincaid76 said:

Will i be able to scroll the hyperspin menus with one of the player joysticks? Or do i need a separate input device? Like a spinner or a 3rd joystick?

You need this keys for HyperSpin Menu

5942532f8a0bf_Capturadepantalla2017-06-15alas11_27_34.png.c2ea6157bda3a3d71e33b887502b568d.png

6 Keys would be enough, but you can also add Search Favorites and search genre as an addon. So you would need 8 (or a combination of various buttons)

Had the controls working only in hyperspin for a minute. Restarted hyperspin and now can get nothing to work. Very frustrated.
Windows & HyperlaunchHQ see my inputs. But run Hyperspin and they are dead.

At this point i have no clue what is wrong.

Got joysticks working again. Then went into mame and started mapping the buttons and controls from the tab menu.

I changed the up down controls to the joystick. Now i cannot scroll up down in this config menu. So i cant change what i just did.

Is there a way to change to default settings in mame?

2 hours ago, kincaid76 said:

Got joysticks working again. Then went into mame and started mapping the buttons and controls from the tab menu.

I changed the up down controls to the joystick. Now i cannot scroll up down in this config menu. So i cant change what i just did.

Is there a way to change to default settings in mame?

you can always delete mame config from MAME folder and start again. 

What is your joystick controller board?

There is not really a name on it.
e3256ea362198e85dd8d4fb22c223d06.jpg

All the tutorials i read said to disable joysticks in HyperHQ controls menu. And this makes my controls not work. I think because they are seen as generic game pads in windows.

fccc505b2051e37ce91288de8e926b77.jpg

Archived