Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

First time cabinet build.

kincaid76

3 hours ago, kincaid76 said:

I got it working. But i ordered a i-pac encoder. Going to try that see if i like it better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an IPAC Ultimate IO and is the best buy i could ever did. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, kincaid76 said:

What is the CMD button for? Is it a shift key?

I actually use it together with the option button, to enter to the config of the Emu.

If i am understanding this correctly i should not update mame to the latest version? But keep it at what my Roms are made for. Am i correct?
How about Hyperspin and other emulators? Should i be wary about update the other aspects of my system?

1 hour ago, kincaid76 said:

If i am understanding this correctly i should not update mame to the latest version? But keep it at what my Roms are made for. Am i correct?
How about Hyperspin and other emulators? Should i be wary about update the other aspects of my system?

I always update MAME to latest version. There's a MAME.xml updated to the latest version on the web. and you can update ROMs with MAME update Packs using clrmamepro (or if have a good internet connection just download the full pack again)

Ok thanks. Sorry for all the noobie questions. I only ask after exhaustively searching the web for the answers and not finding a clear answer.

Just one more question, now that mame runs mess and supports a lot of older consoles, do the latest mame rom sets include these games? Like atari 2600 games etc?

42 minutes ago, kincaid76 said:

Ok thanks. Sorry for all the noobie questions. I only ask after exhaustively searching the web for the answers and not finding a clear answer.

Just one more question, now that mame runs mess and supports a lot of older consoles, do the latest mame rom sets include these games? Like atari 2600 games etc?

I guess not. 

2 minutes ago, kincaid76 said:

Hmm. Then i will just try to update the roms i got. I live in a rural area. My internet is not so high speed. Not for like 46 gigs. Ouch!

All MAME ROMs are about 500GB. So it would be better to download the complete set (maybe in a cybercafe, or in a friend's house with better internet connection) and then just download updates every month.

Archived