Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MSU-1 SNES CD Full Wheel

utfalcon

I've created a complete wheel for most of the SNES CD MSU-1 games that are currently available.  The wheel is based on SimplyAustins SNES Wheel as I like the clean look and background and have also used some of Aorin's Video Snaps from the great game hacks wheel that was released.

I've created mock up SNES CD covers and CD images based on some of the box art for the games out there.   The RocketLauncher module is setup to launch the games with Retroarch using the BSNES core, its my first wheel release so hopefully everything works ok.

You can download the full wheel with rocketlauncher fades and pause backgrounds here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As2jkrtIr7k7gR5gk57jEa1sCuYw

Update:  I've added Zelda Parallel Worlds, Zelda Goddess of Wisdom and Final Fantasy 6 Balance and Ruin, I've also added the complete database XML file that was missing. Complete wheel is around 1 GB for artwork and videos. To get all the games setup takes about 30 GB.

Update 10-14-2017:  Added Donkey Kong Country, Joe & Mac, Rockman & Forte, Street Fighter 2 Turbo, Super Castlevania IV ,Super Ghouls n Ghosts, Super Mario Kart, Terranigma

Instructions:

1. Create new wheel and copy over Hyperspin media and XML database.

2. Add a new system to Rocketlauncher called "SNES CD" and Copy over the Rocketlauncher files (Media, Modules & Rocketlauncher UI) into your Rocketlauncher folder. 

3. Setup Retroarch (SNES CD) in your global emulator, set your path to match where you have retroarch installed and setup the module to the "RetroArch (SNES CD).ahk" that is included in the download pack.

4. Go to https://www.zeldix.net/f46-msu-1-hacks-database and download most of the game patches and pcm audio files. Most games use Lunar IPS to patch the original super nintendo rom .sfc file to the MSU-1 version.  Create a new folder for each game named to match the name of the game in the xml file eg. BS Zelda Map 1 (MSU-1).

To Use The BSNES Balanced Retroarch Core:

In Rocketlauncher in the global emulator settings for the SNES CD system go to the "Rom Settings" tab.  You can keep this setup as is with the bsnes balanced core, it requires the included .bml files.  The bml files are like a cue file that tells the emulator what msu file to use and what audio tracks to use. The game must have all the required files in a folder named to match the game in the XML file. 

To Use The SNES9X Retroarch Core:

Under the "Rom Settings" tab in Rocketlauncher change the LibRetro_Core to "snes9x_libretro". Rename the rom file, pcm files and .msu so they all have the same name.  For Example to setup BS Zelda the folder must contain the following:

BS Zelda Map 1 (MSU-1).sfc

BS Zelda Map 1 (MSU-1).msu

BS Zelda Map 1 (MSU-1)-1.pcm

BS Zelda Map 1 (MSU-1)-2.pcm

BS Zelda Map 1 (MSU-1)-3.pcm

etc.

Now you just launch the .sfc file directly like you would with a normal snes game with rocketlauncher, no need for a bml file.

You can check out a preview video here:

Video Preview for the latest update:

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Bain408 said:

Does this refer to msu games in general or is the snes cd different

These are games where CD quality soundtracks or videos were added into the games. Some of them are some hundred MB or even more.

Just look them up on YT to see what i mean

10 hours ago, utfalcon said:

I've created a complete wheel for most of the SNES CD MSU-1 games that are currently available.  The wheel is based on SimplyAustins SNES Wheel as I like the clean look and background and have also used some of Aorin's Video Snaps from the great game hacks wheel that was released.

I've created mock up SNES CD covers and CD images based on some of the box art for the games out there.   The RocketLauncher module is setup to launch the games with Retroarch using the BSNES core, its my first wheel release so hopefully everything works ok.

You can download the full wheel with rocketlauncher fades and pause backgrounds here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!As2jkrtIr7k7gRyMRmgI1MeR6B_J

You can check out a preview video here:

you sir are a true hyperspinner. I apologise for assuming your gender. this is a very nice set :)

This is great thank you. I think the only one missing is Final Fantasy VI Balance and Ruin.

I combined this with the MSU-1 cinematic theme from launchbox.

What I did was search for  snes msu 1 roms 
You will need to edit some bml files( think of bml as a cue file) to point to your msu, smc/sfc, and pcm files. 

I'm using retroarch with bsnes performance and everything is working well. (edit, megaman x2 and x3 required the bsnes_mercury_balanced_libretro to work)

I have to say, with deepest sincerity that you are amazing. This exact thing has been a project on my to-do list for quite some time. Seen here, I was just going to name mine the "Super Nintendo SD - Super Disc Entertainment System" Though, also using MSU-1 Roms.

I haven't ever gotten the roms working though, couldn't make sense of the bml files, and sort of put a pin in the whole thing...

Then I come on and someone else has done almost the same thing with such passion and was incredibly through. I would love to pick your brain on getting these titles up and running on my own system as well.

Untitled.png

On 6/16/2017 at 11:40 AM, machiman said:

Can you please share the "complete cd's" without being behind the box.

I really love to spin it ;)

Thanks for the pack looks cool.

Sorry unfortunately I didn't create the cover art as a separate box and CD.

The bmls are tricky to get working sometimes, you can compile many of the games following the instructions on romhacking,net.  Usually you need to patch an clean rom of the game then you need to open the bmls i provided with notepad++ and edit the "rom name=program.rom" match the name of your rom.  The MSU-1 rom name needs to match the .msu1 file name of your set and the track numbers need match your .pcm files.   Sometimes you need to use a certain version of the rom, it was a pain tracking down all the bml files and compiling the games to get them to work in retroarch.  I could write up some tips to get the games working or just post a link to mega with all my compiled games that are matched to the bmls but I'm not sure if that will break site rules? 

Another good resource is https://www.zeldix.net/f46-msu-1-hacks-database

I've gotta get to work on Final Fantasy VI and Zelda Parallel worlds, those both had MSU-1 tracks recently added.

4 hours ago, utfalcon said:

Sorry unfortunately I didn't create the cover art as a separate box and CD.

but you did create this layout, maybe you could provide the source art, right?

I saw this "what if"website by a swiss designer that made the package layout you used. assuming you took his work as template to work off. (or maybe the person who made that is you).

Archived