Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

MSU-1 SNES CD Full Wheel

utfalcon

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, iNTiGOD said:

And if I'm not asking too much a xml file also (hyperlist)

I added it as a collection but haven't checked the database yet. Lemme know if anyone's interested in helping with metadata for this.

Just thought I would double check the Hacked Games XML before bed and it does include a bunch of entries for MSU-1. I

don't have time tonight but can edit it down tomorrow if no one else gets round to it. Uploaded the database for hacked games

in case anyone is interested. Credit for this XML to ZeroJay and Jumpman311. 

Hacked Games.xml

On 6/24/2017 at 6:42 AM, iNTiGOD said:

Would someone be kind enough to walk me through the setup in rocketlauncher?

Im struggling to get this up and running.

This is pretty much just setting up a second instance of snes. Just set it up like you would snes and make sure yur using a msu1 capable emulator. I honestly believe that this system should be treated as a preference for a seperate wheel and not a system itself. Any official game is just a snes game with sprinkles on top and anything new are just rom hacks that take advantage of the msu1 ability. Dont get me wrong, I have all these on my snes wheel as a second option and if i play any of those games i always go for the msu1 versions. I guess what im saying is that we are making a subwheel of the Hacked Games wheel just because, once upon a time nintendo and sony or phillips had an idea.

Just now, KlopjerO said:

I still wonder where they got the anime cutscenes from. those are incredible

I think most of them are just taken from re releases on newer systems. Dont quote me cause I never played it, but i think the cutscenes are takin from the ps1 port of chrono trigger and used on the snes version because of that hidden msu1 ability. Basically a smart person figured out how to utilize that hidden gem but the game had alrdy been re released on ps1. Not downing it, the whole thing is awesome. But its pretty much just a hack job

1 minute ago, Bain408 said:

I think most of them are just taken from re releases on newer systems. Dont quote me cause I never played it, but i think the cutscenes are takin from the ps1 port of chrono trigger and used on the snes version because of that hidden msu1 ability. Basically a smart person figured out how to utilize that hidden gem but the game had alrdy been re released on ps1. Not downing it, the whole thing is awesome. But its pretty much just a hack job

actually according to smwiki,  the MSU-1 was developed by the guy behind the Bsnes emulator. and in the case of the chrono trigger enhanced edition you are right.

I should have googled it earlier, but it seems the zelda cutscenes are taken from an fan Animated zelda series. as far as hacking goes, these are very impressive. and I consider these a well deserved addition to my setup :) it's a shame that these roms are behind a mega repository. I refuse to pay for a subscription, if only for the fact that I have t setup a new webpay account.

I read into it a little when i first found out about it looking for zelda hacks. The impression I got was it was a feature incorporated in the snes that they put in with hopes of expansion and the bsnes creator was just smart enough to incorporate it into his emulator. But honestly I have no idea. I dont wanna sound like im hating on the whole idea, I just dont want people to get the wrong idea and start thinking this was an actual system they never heard about

1 hour ago, Bain408 said:

I read into it a little when i first found out about it looking for zelda hacks. The impression I got was it was a feature incorporated in the snes that they put in with hopes of expansion and the bsnes creator was just smart enough to incorporate it into his emulator. But honestly I have no idea. I dont wanna sound like im hating on the whole idea, I just dont want people to get the wrong idea and start thinking this was an actual system they never heard about

it's an interesting read: http://helmet.kafuka.org/msu1.htm

You no, I read that a few times in the past and breezed through it so fast that I didnt even realize the genius Byuu was bringing to the table. Didnt realize how much storage that msu chip could handle and remember that CD's where new back then. It makes sense when u think of a full soundtrack but 4gb at that time. If only Nintendo would of just let me enjoy Ocarina of Time in 2d. They mite of created the ps2 back in '94

5 minutes ago, KlopjerO said:

I think you over estimate the age of the MSU1 chip.

Yea, quickly read over it again. But I see wat yur getting at. I thought this was incorporate into the system. Didnt realize he actually created this

18 minutes ago, Bain408 said:

Yea, quickly read over it again. But I see wat yur getting at. I thought this was incorporate into the system. Didnt realize he actually created this

which does not the diminish the amount of awesome

11 minutes ago, iNTiGOD said:

Are you peeps using bsnes to run these?
I can't to seem to get this working using bsnes (retroarch) but can run them using a version of snes9x.

I use snes9x which seems to run these without audio stutter..

I have tried a couple of MSU games, and I am really digging it; the only thing that I could not find (maybe nothing can be done), is to change the music volume. I find the MSU hacks to have louder music in comparison to the rest of the sfx, which in some cases I cannot even hear those.

1 hour ago, Kondorito said:

I have tried a couple of MSU games, and I am really digging it; the only thing that I could not find (maybe nothing can be done), is to change the music volume. I find the MSU hacks to have louder music in comparison to the rest of the sfx, which in some cases I cannot even hear those.

There are updates released that fix this problem with audio

There's older audio packs created for the snes flash cart that allows you to play MSU games on an actual snes but the sound mixing was different hence the quiet audio. There are now newer audio packs remixed for emulators, zeldix.net has all the links and info you need.

Just found out that the snes9x core in retroarch was updated to support msu1 no bml file is required. You need to rename all the files (rom, pcms and .msu) to match the games name in the xml (if using my pack) then change the core to snes9x. This is only nessecary for games with the bml file or if your pc runs snes9x better than the bsnes core. It's also a little more straightforward to just rename all the files then editing bmls.

My database xml file is complete and included in the download link btw. I'm updating it to add ff6, zelda parellel worlds and goddess of wisdom with new artwork. Will upload the updated pack this week.

Archived