Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Setting up bezels?

nikko50

I would like to have a bezel on my track and field MAME rom. I downloaded the track and field bezel zip file and placed it in my "C:\HyperSpin\Media\MAME\Bezels" folder. How can I now have the rom load with this bezel zip file?

What kind of bezel did you download? A bezel made to use with mame or with rocketlauncher? It doesn't go into the hyperspin media folder it goes into either...

A) If it's made for mame you need to leave it zipped and place it inside the mame/artwork folder, then in rocketlauncher set/(name of rom.zip bezel to true and in the mame module settings set it to use mame artwork.

B) If it's from one of the creators here on the forums it's probably meant to be used with rocketlauncher and would need to be unzipped and the files have to be placed in rocketlauncher/media/bezel/mame/(name of rom)/. Then you need to set bezel to true in rocketlauncher and in the module settings for mame, set it to use rocketlauncher bezels

• 3 months later...

Needs to start with "Bezel " then whatever you like after that.

Ex: Bezel - 16x9 1942 (Grizz & griffin518).png

You'll need a matching ini file, with the same name, just ending in .ini. That file should contain screen coordinate info in the following format:

[General]
Bezel Screen Top Left X Coordinate=0
Bezel Screen Top Left Y Coordinate=1
Bezel Screen Bottom Right X Coordinate=1920
Bezel Screen Bottom Right Y Coordinate=1080

thanks.  I cannot seem to get either sort (rocketlauncher or mame) to load from HS.  If I run it straight from Mame, the Mame bezels load fine.  I'm missing something somewhere.  I was missing the ini files for that flavor, so I'm gettting smarter.  appreciate the help. 

These are RocketLauncher bezels, not MAME, so they need to go in your C:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Media\Bezels\MAME (or similar) folder. Each set of bezel files should be in a separate folder that matches the ROM name exactly. 

Ex bezel folder for ROM "1942": C:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Media\Bezels\MAME\1942

Files in that folder: "C:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Media\Bezels\MAME\1942\Bezel - 16x9 1942 (Grizz & griffin518).ini" and "C:\Arcade\RocketLauncher\Media\Bezels\MAME\1942\Bezel - 16x9 1942 (Grizz & griffin518).png"

• 2 years later...

Hello, I have a question, I found a 16: 9 bezel + instruction card for mame but I have a problem after starting the game does not start on full screen you can see the taskbar as in the photo below how to fix it ?
I have a 24 inch 1080p widscreen monitor.

Desktop 2019-11-29 22-56-11-338.png

Archived