Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Has anyone had issues with Nintendo DS on the Nvidia Shield?

Espgod

I've tried a test run on my Shield with Nintendo DS and neither emulator on RetroArch work. One of the emulators forces a shut down of RetroArch (DSMelon, I believe) and the other just wont open. I've tried opening a rom outside of Hyperspin with just RetroArch with the same results. Has anyone experienced this? Is there a work around? Thank you.

4 hours ago, reznnate said:

Those emulators are immature (not very fast, not very compatible) relative to Drastic.   Just pay the money, it's well worth it.   It's a fantastic piece of software.

Yep pay the money for Drastic, it's a top android emulator. Plays DS games great and lots of features

Err... I should say, what do I put in the exe= and parameters in the .ini to link to Drastic? My ini's were pre-set to RetroArch so I just tweaked the name to get them to work. I've never used a paid emulator with Hyperspin so I'm not 100% sure what to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to chime in the Desmume use to work a few months back, after some updates it just stopped working. I got the MelonDS to work just recently simply by putting 3 bios files (bios7.bin, bios9.bin and firmware.bin) into my system/bios folder. The emulator is slow as hell though since it's still new and being worked on. I tried to get the Desmume emulator to work using those 3 bios files but it would still auto shut down unfortunately

Archived