Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Has anyone created a Television wheel?

SkyHighGam3r

I recently added a "VHS" wheel to my setup, using VLC and movie files.
It works beautifully because it points to each individual movie file and that opens in VLC by default.

I'm wondering about TV shows though...

For instance, I have a show with over 700+ Episodes I want to add, but adding each episode/file to the xml would be cumbersome at best, and absurd at worst. 
So I'm trying to figure out a way to condense it to a single database entry, but still be able to select which episode to watch.
Be that via HyperSpin, RocketLauncher, or VLC directly. I don't mind if it's a bit cumbersome, so long as it works. lol

I did manage to setup a file for a show like "Beavis & Butthead" where you don't really need to watch them 'in order'.
It's just a VLC playlist file set to random. For shows that have story continuity though, this wouldn't work at all.

If anyone has set something like this up, or has any ideas, I'd be much appreciative for your input.

Yeah, that's what I did with the show "Beavis & Butthead", and then I just set it to shuffle.

With something like, say, "Game of Thrones" for example... you'd want to be able to not only start at the beginning, but pickup where you left off.
OR, with a show like "Seinfield" or something you'd want to be able to choose a particular episode out of the hundreds for single viewing. 

This is where I'm stuck at the moment, figuring out a way to easily choose a single entry from the playlist.

VLC, at least the most recent version, seems to remember the pause time. Once you watch a different video though it forgets.

I just meant more like... if the last episode you watched was Season 3, Episode 4 of something, you'd want to be able to jump straight to Season 3, Episode 5 somehow. With how I have it set up now, I have to spam the "next video" button until I get to the right one.

I'm playing with some of the hotkeys and features... but it seems the Ctrl+L shortcut for pulling up the playlist only works when not in fullscreen :(

I'm not sure how well this would work, and would require some effort and research on your end to make it happen, but you might be able to use RocketLauncher's ROM mapping menu. Like, your main wheel has 'Seinfeld,' and then when you select it, the ROM mapping menu pops up and you choose an episode. You wouldn't get previews for each individual episode this way.

I'm hoping HyperSpin 2.0 allows you to create wheels within wheels to address this sort of very issue. As of right now you're stuck with the main wheel, and then genres within a system wheel.

On 7/2/2017 at 6:52 PM, guyverjay said:

why don't you just have a kodi wheel?

*shrug* Iunno, I've just never used Kodi and I like making HyperSpin and Rocketlauncher do fun things. Like I have a functional set of XBOX, PS3, X360, PS4, XONE, etc wheels by making them play the PC equivalents and draping it all in the respective art. It's just fun making it do things lol.

On 7/2/2017 at 7:41 PM, SupraKarma said:

I'm not sure how well this would work, and would require some effort and research on your end to make it happen, but you might be able to use RocketLauncher's ROM mapping menu. Like, your main wheel has 'Seinfeld,' and then when you select it, the ROM mapping menu pops up and you choose an episode. You wouldn't get previews for each individual episode this way.

I'm hoping HyperSpin 2.0 allows you to create wheels within wheels to address this sort of very issue. As of right now you're stuck with the main wheel, and then genres within a system wheel.

Ooooo I've never heard of the ROM mapping menu. I'm ok with each episode not having a preview either. I'd rather have it just be the show in a single slot and I go from there. I'll have to look into this and try it out.

I agree though, multi-wheels is something that needs to be in HyperSpin 2.0. There's about 35 different things I've wanted to do with it that would require that functionality...

------------------------------------------

On a side note, I did manage to add the playlist button to the fullscreen mode by customizing the interface. I always have the mouse set to right stick when I hold select, so ATM I've got it working like this:

1.) Open the show, it starts the first episode
2.) Pause
3.) Push "Playlist" button
4.) Scroll through and find episode
5.) Push "Playlist" button again, and it goes back to the video

Anyway, I'm gonna look into this rom mapping feature, it may cut some of the fluff out of that process, which would be good.

Hey, @SkyHighGam3r 

I have here a module for RL made by @zerojay

VLC.zip

And MPC made by @agent47

MEmu = MPC-HC
MEmuV = 1.7.10
MURL = http://mpc-hc.org/
MAuthor = djvj, agent47
MVersion = 1.0.0
MSystem = "Movies"
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Notes:
; 
;----------------------------------------------------------------------------
StartModule()
BezelGUI()
FadeInStart()

settingsFile := modulePath . "\" . moduleName . ".ini"
Fullscreen := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "Fullscreen","true",,1)
bezelTopOffset := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "bezelTopOffset","22",,1)
bezelLeftOffset := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "bezelLeftOffset","11",,1)
bezelRightOffset := IniReadCheck(settingsFile, "Settings", "bezelRightOffset","11",,1)

BezelStart()
7z(romPath, romName, romExtension, 7zExtractPath)

fullscreen := (If Fullscreen = "true" ? ("/fullscreen") : (""))

; This allows us to send variables, that when empty, are not sent to the Run command
Run(executable . " " . fullscreen . " """ . romPath . "\" . romName . romExtension . """", emuPath)

WinWait("ahk_class MediaPlayerClassicW")
WinWaitActive("ahk_class MediaPlayerClassicW")

BezelDraw()
FadeInExit()
Process("WaitClose", executable)
7zCleanUp()
BezelExit()
FadeOutExit()
ExitModule()

CloseProcess:
	FadeOutStart()
	WinClose("ahk_class MediaPlayerClassicW")
Return

:good:

2 hours ago, SkyHighGam3r said:

*shrug* Iunno, I've just never used Kodi and I like making HyperSpin and Rocketlauncher do fun things. Like I have a functional set of XBOX, PS3, X360, PS4, XONE, etc wheels by making them play the PC equivalents and draping it all in the respective art. It's just fun making it do things lol.

Ooooo I've never heard of the ROM mapping menu. I'm ok with each episode not having a preview either. I'd rather have it just be the show in a single slot and I go from there. I'll have to look into this and try it out.

I agree though, multi-wheels is something that needs to be in HyperSpin 2.0. There's about 35 different things I've wanted to do with it that would require that functionality...

------------------------------------------

On a side note, I did manage to add the playlist button to the fullscreen mode by customizing the interface. I always have the mouse set to right stick when I hold select, so ATM I've got it working like this:

1.) Open the show, it starts the first episode
2.) Pause
3.) Push "Playlist" button
4.) Scroll through and find episode
5.) Push "Playlist" button again, and it goes back to the video

Anyway, I'm gonna look into this rom mapping feature, it may cut some of the fluff out of that process, which would be good.

I see, it just seems like you are trying reinvent the wheel. Kodi already does everything you require as its a dedicated media player and can easily run it from hyperspin

I'm with @guyverjay on this. Kodi already manages your video files in a way that Hyperspin in it's current state (and other videogames frontends) can't even dream to get close to.

Just make an entry for Kodi in the main menu and you'll be set.

Archived