Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Picodrive not working all of a sudden

Norkusa

Long story short - I reinstalled Retroarch because the core updater was not working. My Hyperspin settings stayed intact after the re-install, so all I had to do was fix the bios path to get most of my installed emulators working in HS again. 

Almost all emulators worked after that except the Sega ones. Took a closer look at them and they were all using the Picodrive core. Thought it might be an issue with the core, so I changed my settings.ini from:

parameters=cores/picodrive_libretro_android.so

to

parameters=cores/genesis_plus_gx_libretro_android.so

All of the Sega emulators worked fine after that. I still need Picodrive to play 32X games though. Picodrive core is installed and I updated it via the core updater. Any ideas on whats wrong and how I can fix it? Using ShieldTV Pro with internal 500GB hard drive.

It's possible the picodrive emulator core is broken on Android.  I see they've added 64b ARMv8 builds (yay!).   If you cannot run games directly using the core/retroarch, then file a bug on github letting them know something in picodrive 'broke'.    

Thanks for the help! I just tried loading the PicoDrive core in Retroarch as suggested but it wouldn't load for some reason. I selected it from the list and nothing happened...still says "1.6.0 - No Core" in the bottom left corner of the main menu. I can download/update it in the Core Updater though and all other cores load without issue. I can't figure it out!

Thank you agin for the help, Rez! I wasn't aware of the RA forums, so I didn't even think of checking there. Looks like its a problem with PicoDrive, so I guess I'll have to wait it out if I want to play 32X games again. 

Archived