Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Trouble on button configuration

theaccolade

Hi, this seems a tupid question and maybe it is.

With retroarch emulator I can't correctly set buttons. In the input screen  there are many buttons (d-pad, a, b, x, y, l, r, l2, r2, select, start) and when I set buttons for player one and two they are not working or working partially with or without joy to key: even if I use keyboard only buttons do not works properly and I can't explain why.

In retroarch there's only this method or can I set buttons for only single system? And what means "a", "b", "x", "y" ecc.?

Thanks

I've built my own bartop and now there are 2 pads plugged in, but when it was only a pc with keyboard and mouse the buttons are the same. 

I can't explain how can I configure many systems with only one key configuration. 

Some buttons works other do not and other again use multiple functions that I do not requested (hotkeys disabled) 

I found this problem only with retroarch, other emulators works fine, so it is possible there is some setting I'm doing wrong

Can I change buttons in game with every single system? How can I do that?

EDIT: I've followed a new video on youtube. Now in hyperspin stick and buttons works fine except for favourites buttons, pause and exit emulation buttons (rocketlauncher) they are still not working. When I'm using an emulator (retroarch, mame, snes9x) buttons not works anymore, but if I use keyboard evrything works.

???

First of please do not edit your post with important information if you want people who are following to see it. If you create a new post then the people following will be emailed.

Below are the steps I take when remapping controls on my cab for my Ultrastiks, it also assumes that you have per system configs set up.

So run a game for the system you are setting, here I chose Sega Genesis.

Hit F1 to enter the menu and move across to settings and then input.

1.png

In the next shot I have disabled "AutoconfigEnabled" as this worked for me, but may be different for others.

2.png

Scroll down to the User Input Binds 1 and hit the X key to enter.

3.png

In the next menu you should see your controller listed maybe as Xinput, if it's not listed then maybe RetroArch has not detected it, try cycling through the options. I used an Xbox360 controller for this test.

Now you will see the inputs for the Genesis controller on the left, so User 1B is the player 1 B button on the original Genesis controller. To the right of that is the button or keyboard assignment for your controller. Highlight this and press X to remap the button. Do the same for the other inputs and then scroll up to "User1 Save Autoconfig".

That should be all you need to do unless you want to add players.

As I may have said already, you don't normally have to remap controls if using an Xinput controller as they should already be set up.

Please also make a back up of your configs before changing them.

4.png

I never used retroarch before, thank you, that helped a lot! 

However there are still many problems: I tried with snes and I see correct snes button (a, b, y, x, l, r) but if I try with nes or genesis I see again Xbox controls as I said before; I can't set keyboard arrows even if I press it, the button will be set on numpad; exit emulation and hyperspin pause do not works. Now when I'm using hyperspin there is windows application bar that I've never seen before using joy to key. 

Do you have any ideas? 

Thank you again 

Exit and pause controls are set in RLUI and should work fine with a controller. 

I don't understand the Windows application bar, can you post a screen shot?

Did  you follow the Joytokey guide in our tutorials section?

Yes I did, and I've followed many YouTube videos but with no results. 

Now after a few tries I'm in this situation: in hyperspin menu (wheel) buttons works all good (stick, buttons, back button, favorite exc.)

When I'm using emulator (I tried only with snes (retroarch), I set all buttons and with keyboard input they works fine but when I use pads only player one's single buttons works; player one's stick and player two's stick and buttons do not works.

Set in RLUI pause and exit emulator button, pause works and exit don't. 

I really can't explain why...

Adding some news: I've tried with other emulators and no one works at 100% but with zsnes and dolphin all player one buttons and the stick works, partially player two (?) 

No way with retroarch, buttons works partially, but I want to use it for the better video quality. 

On RLUI I set pause and quit emulator buttons: now pause works fine and exit don't. 

I had a similar issue. In my case research wouldn't save new inputs it would revert back after saving. I had to manually set the controls within the file. "Hyperspin-emulators-retroarch-"select the system".  Also look out for back-up setups. You could change one and retroach uses another for that system. Also retroarch core options file.. this one helped me a lot. Good luck and let us know. Dont forget to save changes. :)

I can't find anything like that in retroarch folder. Only similar thing I can find is a cfg file named retroarch and another retroarch.default but if I open that files with notepad++ I still must configure as a Xbox 360 controller so it's useless. 

For exit feature there's a RLUI option in main settings named "exit emulator key" I set it with a one second delay with one keyboard button (it works) but when I try to press button on bartop (set correctly with joy to key) it doesn't works. 

This is a Mame button setting screenshot, as you can see only Xbox 360 pad allowed

With retroarch and snes game loaded (for example) things are better, how you can see there's no more Xbox 360 buttons but snes buttons (no more l2, l3 and so on) so I can configure every single snes pad buttons and it works, except for the d-pad that do not works (but joy to key is set correctly)

IMG_20170809_102640.jpg

Archived