Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

• 4 weeks later...

Klop, what happened to the Deicide avatar? I'm surprised Glen Benton is still alive TBH.

Best place to start is the beginning, I may have been around 15 and listened to mainly early HipHop while delivering newspapers. At that time I liked acts like Africa Bambarter, RunDMC, Fat Boys, Street Sounds Electro compilations ( and Public Enemy etc.  

Then came the day when Iron Maiden was on the radio and I thought, I kinda of like that but if I tell anyone I would be mocked; and i was by my mates at the time (they now like Iron Maiden just as much as me.)

After leaving school I started a job and the guy I worked with there liked Rock so I was soon listening to Lynyrd Skynyrd, UFO (Rock Bottom being one of my favourite solos as well as Welcome to Dying by Onslaught and Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd) and Black Sabbath.

That is where my metal roller coaster started, which went from the above then on to Megadeth, Metallica, Suicidal Tendencies (one of my all time favourites, I thought Mike Muir was so cool and Rocky George was a god), Slayer, and other thrashers. But things got more extreme as the years passed, with bands such as Napalm Death, Deicide, Carcass and Bolt Thrower.

I could go on and into grunge as well but that's enough of my reminiscing. While thinking about this post I have been surprised by how many bands I loved are still going or have reformed, I have lots to catch on but they may not be the same as they were.

Present day I listen to many things (just not reggae, never liked it), but metal my three favourites are Katatonia, Ghost and the band I love is Northlane. I wish I could go see those three but have no one to go with. Oh, I also like Kill Switch Engage and Slipknot.

All Time favourite albums:

Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon (1973)

UFO - Phenomenon (1974)

Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast (1982)

Metallica - Master of Puppets (1986)

Suicidal Tendencies - How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today (1988)

Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos – Slaves to Darkness (1989)

At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command (2000)

Northlane - Node (2015)

Best gigs.

Carcass - Oxford - Necroticism – Descanting the Insalubrious tour

Nirvana - Bristol Bierkeller -  Bleach tour

Hard-Ons - Bristol Bierkeller - Love Is a Battlefield of Wounded Hearts tour

Fudge Tunnel - Nottingham Rock City - Hate Songs in E Minor tour

Also love electronica and Drum & Bass for a while.

Thanks for listening.

Hey Awesome ! Thanks Jiar !

Yes wel, the avatar.. I dunno .. I got tired of it.

For my own personal story, it all started with my 15th Birthday when I got my first walkman. and class mates were kind enough to provide me with my blue and red pill in the form of mix tapes. one tape contained a mix of House and rap music, the other contained a mix of Punk and metal. after a week of honest listening I decided to stick to the punk and metal stuff. the tape had bands like the exploited, therapy, metallica and Nirvana on them. in those years I had a little access to extreme metal as my allowance went mostly to computer hardware and video games, but when I finished highschool and went to,  college I think this would be,  in the netherlands it's called Voortgezet onderwijs (Continued Education) on the MBO, middelbaar beroeps onderwijs ( secondary Proffession Education) I was introduced to a wider ranger, I started to enjoy Black and death metal. bands like Immortal, Death, Morbid angel, Sepultura(older), and so on.

my first real gig I went to was The Kovenant, I got into them at the time when they were still called Covenant and Listened to their Nexus Polaris album. anyway This tour was to promote their animatronic Album, a departure of what they used to do, but it sounded great non the less..

my favorite Bands are:

Emperor
Death
Bolt Thrower
Grave
MEtal Church
Iron Maiden
Triptykon

• 2 weeks later...

I still need to type up my story, but just dropping another track here... don't mind me.

For those of you who don't know of Devin..  your life is about to change.
I have been listening to him for so many years and every song of his from ALL of his band's/projects I love. Enjoy.

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2017 at 7:43 AM, gigapig said:

I'd not heard of Devin before and after watching the above video I'm still in shock. I need to watch it again in the morning.

He is pretty incredible.

From Featuring in some Steve Vai songs that are "Soft" Metal.

To Strapping Young Lad.. which is Face Melting Metal.

His vocal range is just awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

i love system of a down i saw a cover band play it out it was awesome this is my fav album from them 

i also love night wish disturbed and rammstien 

and lets not forget the legend metallica 

and one more band i love is linkin park 

Archived