Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

psx xml

Red250

Hey guys, working on my psx stuff.

I can't get any game with '&" to show up on the wheel on psx.  Naming is all correct, but no luck.  I added Sega cd earlier, and I noticed it works fine for games with "&".

Any clues?  I can change them to "and" and of course they'll work that way, but it's a bit of a hassle.  But if that's what I have to do, I guess I will.  Thanks.

Yeah that's what was throwing me off.  I had messed with the Playstation awhile back with no luck.

I added Sega CD and just happened to notice that they worked fine as I was scrolling through the wheel.

Thanks for the reply, so I know I'm not nuts

So i just quickly checked my sega CD amd sony playstion wheels, database and roms.

I have the Advanced Dungeon & Dragons game.

Rom file is named with plain &

Xml rom name is &

Xml description is also &

Game shows in both wheels

Launches in Sega CD because I have the rom. Missing that one for PS1.

Also gametext on will shows plain &.

So & seems to be all working and displaying fie.

My only thought is you have roms_only filter set to true in the .ini.

Change it to false and see how tou get on

@Red250

I just change the ROM name and detabase name wheel name video name to and instead of &amp because I still have the wheel saying & so it doesn't really matter to me that's my way around this one lol it's about stupid having to have the amp after tho they should fix this

3 hours ago, viper360 said:

Let me know how you get on dude haven't really done much with my android setup for a while but I have the same problem with pc and android

So on my shield. & is working correctly.

its listed & in the xml but returns plain & in the gametext for the wheel. Rom name uses the & symbol same as artwork.

it stops working when the roms only filter is applied.

so either replace all & with and in the xml's

or don't use roms only filter

Sound I use roms only filter as it would show all games in my database otherwise and I don't have all the games in database so i would still be snooked. I have most of them on pc but I prefer to have it on still, shame really but 70% still need renaming because I have an old rom set not sure if theirs an updated one yet I also only have a-j never finished downloading them all and the last time I checked on pc I was getting an error may have a look in a min to see if I can sort it.

34 minutes ago, viper360 said:

I might have a go at creating a detabase but the only thing then if im right it dosent give me the year it was made ect 

Yes I feel your pain over this, I too wanted to be "lazy" and just set it to roms only!

What I'd suggest is getting Don's Hyperspin List Generator on your PC. You can then take your original PSX.xml, tick the games you want from it and export them to a new .xml file for your shield TV. You'll find guides to do it if you google.

All the best with it

• 2 weeks later...

Archived