Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin 2.0 release.. When is this happening?

Jawbraeka

Can anyone fill me in on when the 2.0 release is coming out?

I'm trying to build an arcade desk and would like to use android.. Not Nvidia BTW, odroid xu4.  

Just curious if I can use the older hyperspin in android on 7.1.2 by setting up in the same method as nvidia or is this not possible?

Also curious if hyperspin could be booted into instead and using android as a base.. 

Lastly, what is the latest on hyperspin and can anyone walk me through it or point me in the direction of a step by step video on a clean slate to make this easier.. As in grandma level install, showing every step. 

Thanks. 

Knowone is responding to the 2.0 question.... its been talked abkut for years and some recent hints have been posted bjt its gone very quiet.

Not sure if HS android works on much else but Nvidia. 

Best bet if to follow Avars officia guides for a PC setup.

I posted plenty of android guides here. They are all linked to here from emulationguide.com

Thankyou.. Someone who has shared the love.. I'll go have a look as I don't have a shield.. I have a odroid xu4 and would make the system complete to get hyperspin booting on android without the android OS. 

I'm using lineageOS android 7.1.2 and want it to bootup like windows systems I've seen bootup without any windows imagery.. ie, windows preloaded under the bootup up with a space invader screen instead of a windows bootscreen and immediately after that, bam, hyperspin.

26 minutes ago, Bain408 said:

Hey @thatman84, jus wondering yur experiences with HS on the Sheild. Can that thing handle ps2 and gamecube emulation?

There is the Play! emulator, I've had it loading games just fine but sadly the FPS is waaay low so they aren't really playable. Still it's impressive to see the PS2 games boot up and we can live and hope it gets better!

Gamecube works pretty well actually.,I think I have 10 games or so in my wheel (Mario Kart Double Dash, Paper Mario, Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda TP, Metroid Prime 1&2, Robotech etc.). Dolphin is a bit of a bitch to set up. I had to install a very old version (Dolphin master 4.0-5672) run a game then configure the controller (top tip when binding the dpad do the opposite of what it asks for). Then I installed a newer .apk (dolphin master 5.0-5077) which has better performance. When trying to install a newer .apk from the get go it wouldn't allow me to bind the buttons on the pad, hence all that faffing around.

Most of us do "cheat" and have the Shield TV "remote control" our PC (i.e Gamestream) and just load the PC's Hyperspin setup to play the more demanding stuff like Wii, PS2 etc. 

All the best with it

34 minutes ago, Honosuseri said:

Most of us do "cheat" and have the Shield TV "remote control" our PC (i.e Gamestream) and just load the PC's Hyperspin setup to play the more demanding stuff like Wii, PS2 etc. 

Thought of that but seems a little pointless to me or I guess ok if u dont have htpc. Would u say older gaming works well? Say ps1 and down. I have a Shield packed away in a box and was thinking of making it a somewhat portable retro box. Im being a little lazy in asking, but i just need enough push to start digging into it. I no my HS habits and once I start I get stuck on the damn thing and just wanna see if its worth it

1 hour ago, Bain408 said:

Thought of that but seems a little pointless to me or I guess ok if u dont have htpc. Would u say older gaming works well? Say ps1 and down. I have a Shield packed away in a box and was thinking of making it a somewhat portable retro box. Im being a little lazy in asking, but i just need enough push to start digging into it. I no my HS habits and once I start I get stuck on the damn thing and just wanna see if its worth it

Depends where the Shield TV lives. If you have a HTPC that can game, then you might want the Shield TV in your bedroom. The Shield TV is frankly awesome but yes needs some tweaking to get the most out of it. I've recently updated my Hyperspin setup on there, as the USB HDD I was using died. I've got a number of friends interested in having one now, having seen all the systems I have emulated.

Even a Raspberry Pi 3 can handle PS1 games well to be honest, the Shield TV handles N64 much better though. I also have the Sega Saturn and Dreamcast running well on the Shield. I have classic computers too (mouse & keyboard is recommended) such as the Amstrad CPC, ZX Spectrum, Commodore C64 & Amiga. My Arcade classics wheel has 1,400 games or so...I could go on and on. Sega 32X is "out of order" at the moment though, until they fix the retroarch core. 

I in fact do exactly what you are planning. I've had the box close to 2 years now & it's been "on tour" to plenty of friends houses for Parties and BBQ's, so peeps can enjoy some old skool gaming fun.

17 hours ago, Bain408 said:

Hey @thatman84, jus wondering yur experiences with HS on the Sheild. Can that thing handle ps2 and gamecube emulation?

As Hono said really.

Play! Is the only PS2 option and its probably years away from being fully playable.

Dolphin runs a huge amount of games fairly well but it will be trial and error. Im not to fussed so never really tested many.

Lots of people have hacked Wii consoles so use that for GC & Wii games which seems the best route for non pc users. No real compatibilty options and controlls are perfect.

23 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

As Hono said really.

Sorry buddy. I do realise the question was posed to you but thought I'd chime in, to save him waiting on a reply.

I've just recorded a video of my Shield TV Hyperspin setup. Figured I should "showcase" it, to maybe help inspire others and show what could be done. I'll start a thread and put the link up soon.

Archived