Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

New and unexpected Hyperspin Android problems, with MAME

lovebus5

Hi!

I thought that by now I had the process down of adding and adjusting systems and wheels :) 

But now I ran into a problem I just can´t see what Im doing wrong, hoping one of you can spot it?

It started when i was messing around in my MAME setup (I changed to 0.188 roms etc.)

Problem is: When i select my MAME wheel in the HS main menu, HS crashes and throws me out. So I dont even get to the MAME wheel to see my games anymore. To find the problem, i created a new system "MAMEtest", with just 1 game in it. At least now HS doesnt crash when i enter it, but my 1-game wheel still doesnt show, so im still doing something wrong. 

So my troubleshooting questions:

- Can a system wheel work with just 1 game in it?

- Does Hyperspin Android require a CRC hash in the database.xml for the game in order to work? (right now the CRC header is empty)

- Can I add a new system (as i have done), by ONLY modifying .ini files and .xml files and putting up the right folder structure etc. (i.e: NOT opening or using HyperHQ at all)?

Plus, of course, if you have other ideas on why HS crashes when entering a wheel, as my original MAME system currently does

Thanks!

Yes you can do all of the above. 

1 wheel will just display multiple times. Thi k 10 min before you only see 1 wheel image per game.

So as long as the only thing you changed was the xml and roms it should only be an xml problem.

Where did you get the xml from?

Themes can cause a crash did you add new ones?2

OMG i just found the problem. After a total of 12 hours straight of troubleshooting (im stubborn :))

I had this line in my mame.ini (in Settings_Android):

Skipchecks=false

When I removed it, everything worked :) Im pretty sure its that exact change that did it (12 hours into troubleshooting I only change one detail and check :))

Wow thats crazy.  Hope it can save someone else 12 hours...

Thanks thatman84 for your reply!

Archived