Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperbase access

colonelpacman

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, alcoatjez said:

Did you already report this?

I just re-installed everything and the 'old' HyperSync is working just fine.

Glad you posted this.  Went to the download page, realized I'd already extracted 3.5.0.32 to a completely separate folder, and the last several times I'd tried to run it and failed, I was running the old HyperSync Loader from within my HyperSpin directory instead of the one I'd extracted elsewhere because the instructions explicitly state to not extract it to your existing HyperSpin folder. Ran the latest version again and it works fine.

tl;dr - I'm a big dummy.

tl;dr New to HS (although, having HS/EM accounts for years, my first forum post)... just downloaded the FE last night to help with a refresh of an old WinXP cocktail arcade cab I built 20 yrs ago running 3DArcade as the FE. I'm mostly trying to get the art and game playlists sorted for my SoftwareLists/Consoles at the moment. My MAME, Daphne, FB Alpha and Pinballs are currently sweet and clean. Everything is being staged on a Win10 computer, so the HS install is on this workstation for testing, downloading art and creating gamelists, etc. Figured I could use HS in-parallel to 3DA to help in getting everything sorted (especially with obtaining gamelists/DATs that have more-populated fields for SoftwareLists/Consoles, i.e., Genre, Manufacturer, Year, Comments, etc. that 3DA takes advantage of in a sweet way).

I am having the same reported failed HS/HB login issues after unpacking the newer HyperSync 3.5.0.32 into its own folder from the download area. EM login is fine and unable to rectify the HS login. I've done searches in the forums and still a bit confused, so posting here since there are some relatively-new posts here, as I am unsure of the status of these app helpers ATM.
@Sea Monkey & @alcoatjez Good to hear you guys found a way to get this working. Could you direct me on where/how to get the "old HyperSync Loader". I'm assuming this is different from the one provided in the Download section (v3.5.0.32)? or.. maybe a suggestion within the currently-available downloads section to help grab the appropriate media for my sets/modules? Sorry, still feeling my way around the HS FE for the first time

5 hours ago, dondi said:

tl;dr New to HS (although, having HS/EM accounts for years, my first forum post)... just downloaded the FE last night to help with a refresh of an old WinXP cocktail arcade cab I built 20 yrs ago running 3DArcade as the FE. I'm mostly trying to get the art and game playlists sorted for my SoftwareLists/Consoles at the moment. My MAME, Daphne, FB Alpha and Pinballs are currently sweet and clean. Everything is being staged on a Win10 computer, so the HS install is on this workstation for testing, downloading art and creating gamelists, etc. Figured I could use HS in-parallel to 3DA to help in getting everything sorted (especially with obtaining gamelists/DATs that have more-populated fields for SoftwareLists/Consoles, i.e., Genre, Manufacturer, Year, Comments, etc. that 3DA takes advantage of in a sweet way).

I am having the same reported failed HS/HB login issues after unpacking the newer HyperSync 3.5.0.32 into its own folder from the download area. EM login is fine and unable to rectify the HS login. I've done searches in the forums and still a bit confused, so posting here since there are some relatively-new posts here, as I am unsure of the status of these app helpers ATM.
@Sea Monkey & @alcoatjez Good to hear you guys found a way to get this working. Could you direct me on where/how to get the "old HyperSync Loader". I'm assuming this is different from the one provided in the Download section (v3.5.0.32)? or.. maybe a suggestion within the currently-available downloads section to help grab the appropriate media for my sets/modules? Sorry, still feeling my way around the HS FE for the first time

You need to be a Platinum membership to use Hypersync.

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, I know this may be a sensitive subject so my apologies in advance but, I haven't heard much or seen any development updates for anything in quite some time including

Hyperbase Live (I thought this was possibly being released nearly a year ago)

Widescreen Themes (Don't know what may be going on with this)

Hyperspin (latest was the Windows 10 fix)

Rocket Launcher  (nothing since maybe Jan 2017)

Are some of these on hold, abandoned, or considered finished?

I am very eager to continue my widescreen D&D development but wanted to hold off until I know further if some of these projects are nearing a release or update or the team is moving in a different direction. Again my apologies if this has been discussed at length in another thread.

I really do appreciate everything you all do :) It's given me many long hours of happiness and focus away from life's frustrating displeasures.

Not sure about RocketLauncher but I believe Djvj just setup a Discord channel and doesn’t have all his servers setup for dev work because of moving house or something like that. I’m sure it will continue in the future.

Hyperbase has evolved in the background and is being worked on but there’s no eta for release.

Hyperspin 1.5.1 (windows 10 fix) is latest and will probably stay like that for the foreseeable unless windows does anything to it again.

Widescreen stuff won’t change until Hyperspin gets its long awaited facelift....again no eta on that.

i would suggest you don’t hold on but maybe do anything you have on your list first, if that makes sense?

24 minutes ago, thatman84 said:

Not sure about RocketLauncher but I believe Djvj just setup a Discord channel and doesn’t have all his servers setup for dev work because of moving house or something like that. I’m sure it will continue in the future.

Hyperbase has evolved in the background and is being worked on but there’s no eta for release.

Hyperspin 1.5.1 (windows 10 fix) is latest and will probably stay like that for the foreseeable unless windows does anything to it again.

Widescreen stuff won’t change until Hyperspin gets its long awaited facelift....again no eta on that.

i would suggest you don’t hold on but maybe do anything you have on your list first, if that makes sense?

Thanks, for the updates @thatman84. Do you think development is gradual/stalled because of the lack of interest, lack of time, or lack of programmers? The 4:3 themes were good for a time but the future is 16:9.

I really just need to get a new background bookshelf image for my D&D System but I just don't have the tools to create something better than what I am already using. I need to hit someone up who has the artists tools and interest in D&D but I also wanted to make sure the work I am doing will comply with the new widescreen parameters.

Who knows, I guess life just gets in the way. Hyperspin is 10yrs+ now and BBB is still going!

I believe Avar suggested people make there artwork in as big canvas/quality as possible and save it for the future.

as for compatibility with the future you really won’t find those answers yet.

• 3 months later...

Treat it as if you had never heard of any type of update for HyperSpin.  Think of it as a dead project.  Do not wait for any news or updates.  Either work with what you have or move on to actively developed front ends.  I say this as an avid HS user who has too many work arounds to mention running on his machine.  If they update, which again the assumption should be that they have no plans to, then great but I feel like I have wasted so much time waiting and could have put my efforts towards a more progressive front end by now and been much better off.

So again, there are no update, there are no plans for updates, and HyperSpin is dead.  Or least maybe we need to look at it that way.

Please don't take offense Frost, I just am being real in regards to stalling plans for updates.  It is better to do what you want with what we have than to wait.  When the beta came out it was awesome but at this point better to finish projects than wait.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Was wondering if someone could take a sec to explain to us newcomers what exactly Hyperbase is/was supposed to be? Is it a newer/shinier version of HyperSpin? HyperSpin 2.0 without the need for all the 3rd party work arounds?  Or is it an alternative sync tool like HyperSync? Or is it Hypersync? Also why are some xml databases named hbmame.xml  as opposed to mame.xml? Does the hb stand for Hyperbase? Homebrew? /confused. Thanks.

Looks like Hyperbase has been in closed beta for several years now. I read through all 52 pages, yes I OCD'd that up. Hope it comes out for the rest of us late comers ( thanks for the incredible work on that). Got both memberships and HyperSpin fully installed 100% with the current system on my own by researching and videos but to be honest it wasn't easy, not at all. Would love to switch over to the HyperBase tool in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/4/2019 at 1:52 AM, Geego said:

By the way, this problem may well be due to antivirus. Therefore, I think to change the antivirus. Avast vs bitdefender which is better? I would like to know your opinions on this matter

Antivirus has nothing to do here... Despite the delay i am still hopeful to see final release soon.

Archived