Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Hyperspin is Lagging

angryherbalist

I installed HS and RL latest versions on a PC that was an i5 with 16gigs ram and onboard graphics.  OS was windows 7.  Installed onto the boot drive (C:\).  Hyperspin was Smooth as silk without any changes to any graphic/interface settings.  

I just setup on an i7 with 16 gigs ram and a PCIe Video Card (MSI i think) and windows 10.  So a better computer, right?  Besides the OS being different, new install was done onto a new 500tb WD Black drive.  This HD was not the OS drive/boot drive.  I had seen this recommendation before to prevent an OS crash from taking down the HS setup.    

Hyperspin is laggy and a bit unresponsive.  

Any thoughts on what could be causing a superior PC on running worse with HS?   Is it the secondary hard drive?  Is it Windows 10?   Is there something I could have missed?

Thanks in advance.  

Hey

I have lagging issues too.. When I click MAME for example there is often a lengthy pause before the wheels load. I know my computer is slower but other systems pop up fine. I run the games off 2 WD external drives.... any way to speed loading?  I know that I have spyware software and antivirus running could it be that? How do I check what exactly is running (ctrl+alt+del)?? I have already disabled windows defender.  I checked mschonfig and tasks running.. I made sure to disable antivirus etc..

Well I may have solved this (at least for me).. I went into HyperHQ and noticed for the wheels I had it set to the highest quality with all layers etc. checked... I first reduced it to Lowest and it sped up greatly... I then set it to Medium which looks nice with minimal time to display things.  I am wondering what wheel check boxes could help reduce it further without taking away form the look?

Archived