Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

[WIP] Download Section Clean Up

thatman84

51 minutes ago, ninja2bceen said:

Bungle you focus on pc themes? Wanna finish off my pc wheel being all dedicated themes? I'd guess I have 100 missing :-)

I am working on it.. haha.

http://hyperspin-fe.com/profile/134558-bungles/?do=content&type=downloads_file&change_section=1

My Process is pretty quick (5-10min per theme) and only longer if there is no great source png material and I have to chop non-transparent items... 
I am trying not to rush through to keep content nice and suiting to each theme, not just items that are sorta relevant kinda and just mashing it in and not converting to smoothed swf.

I have a lot of games still to do for my setup but its a working progress.

But might setup a Todo-List for the top 200-300PC Games or so soon.

I know others are dropping some great widescreen content also so trying to to duplicate where possible forever checking for existing themes that I like.

P.S Also find out for me out to get the clock into special art swf files like the version you posted. :rofl:
I wants it!!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I am going through PC Games Hard and Fast at the moment with a Top 100 2014 List going strong to start off.

I hope they are up to standard. Anything not please comment and let me know where I should fix/update.

I will be flagging them all with the same Tags: PC Games, Themes & Top 100.

Everything I am uploading to the Upload / Areas as I though it best they start there for approval/grading etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello again :)

Got back to doing some DL section clean up.

Moved a 334 16:9 themes tagged as (PC-GAME)

This makes a new spot for all those @Bungles themes!!

There is plenty more clean up in that section to do, many Main Menu themes and even some bloddy Overlays WHHAAATTT. lol

Just put some detail in the title people. :)

• 5 weeks later...

I have been quietly working in the Upload Section when I get a chance.

Just generally moving files around.

Today I created a "Sin Bin" for newly uploaded files that have either been uploaded to the wrong section or given an uninformative title.

I apologise if this is annoying but it streamlines moving files like that to keep the Root Upload Section clear. That may in turn prompt people to find the correct sub section to upload.

Please upload your files with informative titles and to the right section. This makes everyones life easier.

I know English is not the only language so please pass this message on in you native tounge.

:)

I hope you dont mind that I uploaded directly to the folder where my PC Games themes were moved to for the last of my Top100 2014 project. 

I figured its best to try and keep them together.

Also do we bring any files that we find out of place to your attention in here? Or will you find them eventually without being hassled? 

In my time browsing I have come a cross a couple of sneaky files that have no business at all being in the section they are currently in.

Oh also I am not sure if its possible but is there anyway to add Selection Criteria to the upload form?

So you need to select a Platform, resolution etc from drop down boxes and it adds the (PC Games) (16:9) etc to the file name?

Also perhaps adding guides within the upload module itself might help those that aren't used to uniformity to name their files how it has been requested. 

Might be too much work for too little return, but food for thought.

11 hours ago, Bungles said:

I hope you dont mind that I uploaded directly to the folder where my PC Games themes were moved to for the last of my Top100 2014 project. 

I figured its best to try and keep them together.

Also do we bring any files that we find out of place to your attention in here? Or will you find them eventually without being hassled? 

In my time browsing I have come a cross a couple of sneaky files that have no business at all being in the section they are currently in.

Maybe use the flag button. If you spot roms flag an pm me. Thanks dude

11 hours ago, Bungles said:

Oh also I am not sure if its possible but is there anyway to add Selection Criteria to the upload form?

So you need to select a Platform, resolution etc from drop down boxes and it adds the (PC Games) (16:9) etc to the file name?

Also perhaps adding guides within the upload module itself might help those that aren't used to uniformity to name their files how it has been requested. 

Might be too much work for too little return, but food for thought.

@Circo is the system selection dropdown for file names a possibility

• 1 month later...

The wonders of a mobile phone hey!

Filtered down 127 reported files to sub 30 outstanding and these to look at.

Getting the details to post is to long winded so here's some screenshots of the files that need confirming as broken/problematic in some way.

Theres enough info in the pics for anyone to check for problems if you fancy contributing back to the site....

IMG_3327.PNGIMG_3328.PNGIMG_3329.PNG

4 hours ago, Rowr14 said:

The Super Nintendo System main menu theme report was me requesting deletion of a duplicate thread that somehow created itself.

I'll take a look at a couple others here as penance. 

edit - check your messages.

Ah yeah saved that one just to double check with. 

Repost those findings in here otherwise I will lose the :) 

thanks for the help

Had some time this morning to test just a few, here's what I found.

PopNmusic 20-fantasia = video issue - video displays 16:9 instead of 4:3

Bishi Bashi, The = video issue - video displays 16:9 instead of 4:3. Background appears cut off but could be design choice.

19xx the war against destiny - video issue - video displays 4:3, should be vertical (shmup) as in the image they provided.

wacky races and tetris gm 3 - I couldn't discern an issue with these themes

• 3 weeks later...

Made a reasonale dent in the Game Theme (4:3) section today.

800+ themes reorganised in a presort kinda fashion. Its goingto need many more hours of attention!

Please Please upload your content with detailed desciptions and to the correct section :)

I think it needs more people to be honest.

Its not a job that's achievable really alone I don't think, unless its a full time job which is not fair to you @thatman84

I am always offering my services if you want where we can target specific areas and really get a hold on it.

I would be nice to one day have the website and sync tools working in parallel.

I have Updated the OP

It's been a while since I last delved in the DL section but been having a play tonight.  I really enjoy the boring task of moving things around :)

85 Main Menu themes moved out of the Game Theme 16x9 Section cutting it from 21 pages to 18

The only problem is deciding on how to organise the place @Circo doesn't want me breaking anything which is understandable, so its a bit of a rock/hard place for ideas.

Can you add new sections so in a way you don’t break anything? Like add a new section then in a way you are starting from scratch? Like the new section would be thatmans section basically making it perfect and that would allow you to slowly take things over the way they should be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OVER 400 MAME 4:3 game themes moved :)

69 pages checked and no doubt theres a couple of errors in there.....If it was not obviously for MAME i didnt move it.

Theres a bunch of PC Game, SNES, GameCube and Wii U themes in there which i may make sections for.

Also the odd random Main Menu, system default and other things I will get to them one day

• Circo unpinned this topic

Archived