Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Hyperspin, Xpadder and AutoHotKey! .... ?

sparton

Hey all,

So I am coming to the end of my build (who am I kidding), and for some silly reason I left Sega Saturn until last.

I've come across the problem I see many people have faced, which is the hotkeys on the SSF emulator - namely NumPad,1, 2,3 etc, which I was using on my Xpadder player 2 profile.

I toyed with the _Default Xpadder system profiles, had some issues with this (I think it won't work properly until I configure ALL, including the front end), so I looked for alternatives that would be quicker.

What I plan to do is leave my Xpadder alone and use AutoHotKey to re-assign (via RocketLauncher) the NumPad key assignments to what is set on the analog sticks. I have the d-pad and analogs set up independantly. The plus (as far as I can see) is that this means I could do the same for other systems and then could use either d-pad or the analog on a system that would otherwise not allow you to - keeping the mappings seperate for something like Dreamcast or Ps2.

My question is - Can anyone think of any reason why this is not a good idea, or any limitations to doing it this way?

Thanks!

Archived