Download Section Back Up, Navigate the Right Hand Menu to find files, ignore the 0s

Super street fighter 4 AE ttx 2 player help please!

squirestrahan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry guys,

Really not following this at all.

Few issues I have:

Why is there so many different .bats that can launch the game.

What is the Loader thing all about and why is it needed.

The game at the moment is working 100%, I managed to get Oni and Evil Ryu unlocked via the code, the only problem is that my cab PC is running on a ATI 5450 and cannot run SSF4AE on high resolution it does slow down a bit.

The game runs perfect on the low resolution set via TypeX_config.exe but its annoying me that it looks pretty poor.

I'm going to need a complete idiots guide on how to do this, I primarily do not understand why there is so many ways to launch the game, whats the difference between using game.bat from another one.

I set up as per the instructions on Gigas youtube video and it worked, then with then help of this thread I got Oni and Evil Ryu unlocked.

It even launches via Hyper Launch now with no problems, so as it stand its working great apart from the really low resolution.

Also Giga, why would I use the ttxshell when the game is working fine just now, these are things I am not following, I would rather find out how to work the emulator than just get it working and leave it be.

Thanks

Thanks

Sorry guys,

Really not following this at all.

Few issues I have:

Why is there so many different .bats that can launch the game.

The bat file just runs certain files in the correct sequence I think, the may contain exactly the same instructions but may be named differently.

Here's an example

@echo off
typex_loader game.exe 

What is the Loader thing all about and why is it needed.

You don't really need it at all, it's quite new and has some interesting features and can help if you have a particular problem.

The game at the moment is working 100%, I managed to get Oni and Evil Ryu unlocked via the code, the only problem is that my cab PC is running on a ATI 5450 and cannot run SSF4AE on high resolution it does slow down a bit.

The game runs perfect on the low resolution set via TypeX_config.exe but its annoying me that it looks pretty poor.

I'm going to need a complete idiots guide on how to do this, I primarily do not understand why there is so many ways to launch the game, whats the difference between using game.bat from another one.

I set up as per the instructions on Gigas youtube video and it worked, then with then help of this thread I got Oni and Evil Ryu unlocked.

It even launches via Hyper Launch now with no problems, so as it stand its working great apart from the really low resolution.

Also Giga, why would I use the ttxshell when the game is working fine just now, these are things I am not following, I would rather find out how to work the emulator than just get it working and leave it be.

Thanks

Thanks

If you use my guide and Mine and Langersld's file you should be fine. Taito Type X is not an emulator, they are basically PC games which ran on an embedded version of XP; so they can be troublesome to get working. That's the main reason for the video guide and the files which are drag and drop.

As your running an ATI card, you may have a few issues, nVidia works better, but it may be only 1 or 2 games.

I will look into the SSF slow down issue, what's your resolution?

Thanks guys

@fire10 I haven't used ttxshell and I have the 2 player version running fine.

@Gigapig the resolution of windows is 1600 x 1200 just now, I have no idea what it jumps down to when I launch SSF4AE at all, I know it just looks terrible.

The video you made was excellent, it helped me get it solved no bother, I have used a mixture of files though between yours and djvj I got them working.

The only problem is that the resolution is terrible when I launch the games.

The resolution windows is running at 1600 x 1200 as I said above but I have lowered this to various others and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the game when I say "no" to "use low res monitor (y/n)" in the typexconfig.exe

Also worth noting that its a 4:3 monitor.

Thanks

Thanks guys

@fire10 I haven't used ttxshell and I have the 2 player version running fine.

Don't ever run ttxshell, as you may know, the game won't run.

@Gigapig the resolution of windows is 1600 x 1200 just now, I have no idea what it jumps down to when I launch SSF4AE at all, I know it just looks terrible.

The video you made was excellent, it helped me get it solved no bother, I have used a mixture of files though between yours and djvj I got them working.

The only problem is that the resolution is terrible when I launch the games.

The resolution windows is running at 1600 x 1200 as I said above but I have lowered this to various others and it doesn't seem to make a difference to the game when I say "no" to "use low res monitor (y/n)" in the typexconfig.exe

Also worth noting that its a 4:3 monitor.

Thanks

Strangely djvj's files are included (with kind permission) with the Taito Type X Files.

You can normally find the res by pressing random buttons on your monitor, the menu button.

I will pm you some stuff to try.

My bad I thought TTXshell had something to do with the 2 player setup as I have it sitting in mine, I don't run it though. Itd be best to stick with Giga to see you through this buddy he will get ya sorted ;-)

My bad I thought TTXshell had something to do with the 2 player setup as I have it sitting in mine, I don't run it though. Itd be best to stick with Giga to see you through this buddy he will get ya sorted ;-)

Anyone's input is always welcome, that's how we get through all this.:)

The torrent has the standard version, SSFIVAE. In that version you can change the res quite easily by changing the figures in the file gameres.dat.

The layout of that once opened in notepad++ is

1280 720 0 zero being windowed, 1 would be full screen.

Giga you are the fix it guy mate you understand so much more than me, without you I wouldn't have half my stuff working :-)

Thanks bro, I'm even scanning the forum while watching Eurovision, now that's dedication. ;)

I think I will quit while I am ahead.

I have spent the last 7 days nearly 8 hours a day getting the PC set up for my cabinet and its only for MAME,SNES,NES,Genesis and Taito (Purely for SF4 2P mode) and I was starting to lose it.

I have eventually updated all the MAME roms to 0.153 and got all CHDs....

The next thing that will get the better of me is not having all themes and wheel art, but I guess that will always be an ongoing thing.

Again thanks so much Giga! Your help has been very much appreciated.

I ended up with a copy of SSF4AE from another torrent and it works just by copying in your files and using the code to unlock Ryu and Oni, the resolution is on low but I guess its playable.

I would love to try it at 800 x 600 to see if it works but the torrent you gave me the link to is going really really slow.

Cheers again!

I've have just extracted the game which comes with both 1 and 2 player exe's. Moved the patch files over and run either the batch file or the 2 player.exe.

The boot screen showed Oni and Evilryu as playable so no need to add any passwords.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]41016[/ATTACH]

Sorry for the poor screen pic.

Edit: I must be clear, this was the 2012 version

thanks gigapig!

i got that same screen too but after boot up its still only one player? does these happen for you?

thanks gigapig!

i got that same screen too but after boot up its still only one player? does these happen for you?

Finally some real success, my apologies if I've wasted anyones time, but I now have the correct files to give you 2 players and unlocked Oni and Evil Ryu, as well as a few more gray hairs.

Just drop the files in and run the loader.bat, any problems perhaps do a fresh extraction.

There is a typex_bindings.bin included, if you have your controls set already then don't copy this file across as it will over write your controls.

You can find it in my ftp folder here /Upload Here/gigapig/SSFIVAE/2 player fix Oni and Evil Ryu unlocked or pm me for a Dropbox link.

Phew.

Thank you for your patience.

Edit: Damn, and forgot to mention this works with SSFIVAE 2012 Version 1.0 2 Player version of the game if you downloaded for my Dropbox or torrent. I haven't tried it with any other versions.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to reawaken this old thread but i'm experiencing similar issues to what many of you in here seem to have been...

I have v1 set up with 2 player and evil ryu / oni. It's working. BUT my resolution is different. Before I added the patch everything is in 16:10, but the patch seems to switch it to 16:9... changing gameres.dat has no effect...

Did anyone manage to get this back to 16:10 (or a custom resolution?)

Thanks!

OKAY...

For anyone that cares, i solved the main issue. I can now play 2player at 16:10

The way I did this was thus:

- Hex editor compared ttxshell to game.exe - it is basically a modified version of that

- Found the reference to 1080p and changed to 1200

You can do the same by following these instructions:

1) Download a Hex Editor - I used Hex Workshop

2) Go to reference 00387224

3) change the value (which is 3804 if i remember rightly) to B004 - this is the hex for 1200

In theory you could change the resolution totally here - there is another value on the same line (earlier) for 8007 - this is the 1920 - you can change the combo of these to match whatever res you like (i assume)

Save the file, run using loader and the new ttxshell. Bobs your uncle :)

Oh, one other thing - if you don't know hex you can convert decimal to Hex in that tool by using the convertor under tools. Set it to intel and short and type the value in decimal box

This was a full eve of trial and error so quite chuffed!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello I've been looking around for the game.exe or ttxshell.exe for the latest 2012 version of SFIVAE 2 player. I finally got the 2010 version working with 2 player but I can't seem to find the other .exe needed for the other version. can someone please help. I've been searching the web for several hours hit an untold number of unactive links downloaded a bunch of malware, several "patches" and torrents. I dwlded the tatito files from hyperspin but none of them work to make the 2012 version 2 player

it just says nesys 1.1 loads the rest and launches the game in 1 player mode. if I change the game.exe it gives me a different version of the game 1.0 nesys or 1.0 standalone

any help would be appreciated

thank you

Archived