Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

HyperSync wont run

holaplaneta

I am a platinum member.  I just installed the latest hypersync cloud but when try to open it, it says it has errors.

The debug.log says:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
   at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.CoCreateInstance(Guid& clsid, Object punkOuter, Int32 context, Guid& iid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateWithLicense(String license, Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstanceCore(Guid clsid)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
   at HyperSync.Forms.Secondary.Subscribe.InitializeComponent()
   at HyperSync.Forms.Secondary.Subscribe..ctor()
   at HyperSync.Forms.Primary.MainWindow..ctor()
   at HyperSync.Program.Main()

Im using windows 7 home edition x64

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

It seems to be an issue with the compilation of the file, no there is not much that I can do on my side I suppose... :(

https://theogray.com/blog/2009/10/comexception-regdbeclassnotreg-on-64-bit-windows

I ended up using a different computer with windows 10 and it worked. But now I have to move 56GB from one hard drive to the other and viceversa everytime I need to run hypersync. I wanted to avoid that. It´s weird, but when I built my cab 2 years ago, the hypersync loader worked perfectly and now it does not. 

I wonder if I can fix this issue... any clue of what the debug.log says the problem is?

• 2 months later...

FOLLOW UP: FIXED

I managed to get Hypersync to run on my PC. However, I am not 100% sure what I did exactly that fixed the issue. That being said, I made sure I had Win7pro complete up to date, I installed windows media player, .net 2013 & 2017.  I also went into the window services menu and made sure all options that looked like they has anything at all to do with networking were enabled.

I am super sorry that this fix is so useless and un-exact, but I did not try hypersync after every change I made, I just did a ton of stuff and then hypersync was working the next day. :( 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm a Platinum member, and I get the exact same error as the OP. I'm running the latest .Net framework on a brand new Win10 machine. I've tried running Sync from the .exe in the original HS download, as well as a separate copy downloaded to my desktop. Both return the same error. I wouldn't really need it, except I can't find a complete Game Themes pack anywhere (and I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks don't want to download every one by hand). Any help is appreciated. 

debug.log

11 hours ago, pmindemann said:

I'm a Platinum member, and I get the exact same error as the OP. I'm running the latest .Net framework on a brand new Win10 machine. I've tried running Sync from the .exe in the original HS download, as well as a separate copy downloaded to my desktop. Both return the same error. I wouldn't really need it, except I can't find a complete Game Themes pack anywhere (and I sure as h-e-double hockey sticks don't want to download every one by hand). Any help is appreciated. 

debug.log

Hypersync is currently for maintenance, we are working to get it back up as soon as possible.

Noted, Gigapig... thank you. Any advice on where to acquire complete theme packs (MAME) without resorting to single game downloads or off-site torrents while the update is in the works? I've yet to find a straight-up game pack link anywhere on the HS site (I already have wheel and video media). 

Archived