Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

thenoob

Awesome CHEAP hypermarquee setup!

8 hours ago, dragon57 said:

@justindarc, did you consider a stretched bar LCD like these (see link below)? If so, why didn't you go with an lcd versus the projector? It appears the total cost would be about the same.

Stretched bar LCD

Yes, I did consider those. But as you can see, I only spent around $400 for my entire setup compared to $800 for a stretched bar LCD. That's nowhere near the same.

13 hours ago, justindarc said:

Yes, I did consider those. But as you can see, I only spent around $400 for my entire setup compared to $800 for a stretched bar LCD. That's nowhere near the same.

Understood. I probably should have mentioned I was looking at the LCD that would fit my 27" cab. That one is $320 + $100 shipping, which is close to your total.

Regardless, many thanks for the details on your setup. It is quite impressive.

12 hours ago, dragon57 said:

Understood. I probably should have mentioned I was looking at the LCD that would fit my 27" cab. That one is $320 + $100 shipping, which is close to your total.

Regardless, many thanks for the details on your setup. It is quite impressive.

Oh wow. I mean, yeah if you can get a stretched bar LCD for that cheap, then go for it. I think I needed 33" for mine and it was just too cost-prohibitive for me.