Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Game screen won't fit bezel

extracampine

I have been struggling with this for hours but just can't seem to get it right.

I have enabled bezels in Rocketlauncher.

Under RocketLauncher\Media\Bezels\Nintendo Entertainment System\_Default I have a bezel called bezel nintendones.png.

My emulator is Retroarch and core is Nestopia.

Without bezels, the game screen is a good size, almost filling my laptop screen vertically and with some blank spaces at the sides.

When I enable bezels in RL, the bezels appear as they should though the gaming screen gets smaller and shunted up and to the left!! See screenshot:

243fe5g.png
I've tried mucking about with the top left and bottom right coordinates in the bezel ini file (an ini wasn't generated automatically I don't think, so I used one for a similar bezel that was already in the default folder), though these changes don't appear to correspond to what I am seeing on the screen.

Any help much appreciated!!

When in Game hit F1 and check that the video cfg file for Nintendo Entertainment system is ok.

Or you can find the .cfg file yourself manually and change its values for video settings.

custom_viewport_width = "1104"
custom_viewport_height = "808"
custom_viewport_x = "-2"
custom_viewport_y = "-5"

Not saying those values will work for you but changing them should change the location of your video output and size etc.

or even better, why not ditch the bezel and play full screen in RetroArch ?

If you want to use a bezel, I have found that if you ensure bezels are enabled, just try to switch to next bezel using your controller (mine is set to right shoulder) even if no other bezels exist, and it usually centers it for you.

Many thanks for these replies, they have all provided some help.

I am keen on using bezels for 2 main reasons; it fills up the blank space at the edges of the screen when using the (roughly) correct aspect ratios, and it looks good, adding a visual reminder of the system that one is playing on. 

I have found the whole process of using bezels somewhat confusing due to the multitude of factors involved - having the bezels in the right folder with the right name, the bezel config or ini files, the various bezel settings in RocketLauncher, the bezel settings in Retroarch, the aspect ratio settings in Retroarch and the various other video settings in Retroarch. Getting them all playing nicely together has been a big of a struggle. Would be good if this process could be simplified somehow.

I have ended up using the bezels feature in Retroarch rather than RL (with bezels turned off in RL), and managed to get it to fit by using a custom aspect ratio. It looks pretty good and I am happy with the ones I have configured so far. I will have to see how I manage when I apply bezels to another system that does not use Retroarch. Looking forward to trying bezels out with MAME. 

• 2 weeks later...

In Retroarch, once you have got the screen to fit the bezel

you have to save the new configuration (make note of what it saving it as)

ie for Sony Playstation it might save as                                mednafen_psx_libreto.cfg

Then go your Retroarch folder and open the config folder

Look for the config file you just you just saved and change it to the systems config name overwriting the old one

so menafen_psx_libreto.cfg would be renamed to Sony Playstation.cfg

• 8 months later...

Archived