Unfortunately we had to take download section back offline temporarily. We should have it working normally soon.

Organize my PC Games

vincez28

Hey Guys, I'm just wondering which database do i need to edit in order to get my games within my PC GAMES WHEEL in alphabetical order? is It PC Games.ini within databases or the rocket launcher/modules/pc Launcher/Pc Games.ini?

thanks,

Vince

It will be the PC Games.xml in your Databases/PC Games folder.

However if you also look in your PC Games.ini in Hyperspin/Settings and set use_indexes=false in the Navigation section I think it defaults to Alphabetical?

Hey Guys, I'm just wondering which database do i need to edit in order to get my games within my PC GAMES WHEEL in alphabetical order? is It PC Games.ini within databases or the rocket launcher/modules/pc Launcher/Pc Games.ini?

thanks,
Vince
It should default to alphabetical no matter what order you put them in..

thanks,
Vince
It should default to alphabetical no matter what order you put them in..

thanks,
Vince
Databases are stored in hyperspin/databases

Hey Bungles, thank you for your help, however i have yet to find the  set use_indexes=false in any of my folders?  Pc Games.ini in databases shows the games info/metadata and within Rocket Launcher folder where the Pc Launcher folder is located that is where my other PC Games.ini is located and that only shows game titles and file path to exe?

Am i missing Something or still looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks,

Vince

Hey Bungles, thank you for your help, however i have yet to find the  set use_indexes=false in any of my folders?  Pc Games.ini in databases shows the games info/metadata and within Rocket Launcher folder where the Pc Launcher folder is located that is where my other PC Games.ini is located and that only shows game titles and file path to exe?
Am i missing Something or still looking in the wrong spot?

Thanks,
Vince
I believe you want to edit the "PC Games.xml" in the HS/databases folder.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

The Main Menu can be automatically re-ordered, just by switching the systems around. For games sub-menus, you need at least one instance of "index="true" image="a"" (with "a" as any lettering variable) in the xml. Then change the order of the games in the XML.

In HyperHQ, for that system wheel on the Navigation/Themes tab check "Use XML indexes". Otherwise, it will default to alpha order.

Probably best to remove later entries of "index="true" image="-"" , other than the first entry, since this causes the alpha jumps by moving the joystick left and right. Reordering will cause inaccurate jumps.

However, I did re-purpose the index system to jump to the next group of games in my out of order "Music Games" wheel. Example: image="a" jumps to regular Guitar Hero setlist/themes, "b" to GH band specific setlist/themes, "c" to Rock Band setlist/themes, "d" to unofficial Frets On Fire setlist/themes and remaining guitar/drum games, "e" ordered by misc music controller/instrument (microphones, dance pads, electric guitars, etc), and "f" for PC music games mostly using mouse and keyboard navigation. Change the lettering artwork to indicate these sub-categories rather than the alphabet.

ok So i found my Pc Games.ini in the settings and it does already show set use_indexes=false. but it still wont put everything in Alphabetical order for me?

Now Also today i started adding more games to the database but for some reason the last game in the database does not show up in my hyperspin wheel. Rocket Launcher shows 58 roms(games) and when i go into hyperspin and go through the games only 57 show up and its the last game on the list???? is there a limit to how many games go in the list(is there a setting somewhere to increase the amount of games)???

thanks,

Vince

There isn't really a limit to the amount of objects in Hyperspin databases I don't think. Well if there is I am yet to find a cap considering Mame has about 5000+ entries..

If the game is not showing up there might be a filter set in Hyperspin to not show items missing wheels/videos.

Or there is an issue with the database and it has a broken Container tag.

When you list games in Rocketlauncher for your PC Games does it complain about an issue with the database?

Worst case post your PC Games.xml here and we can have a looksy.

PS. I mean the .xml file itself as an attachment, and not the raw text within...

Thanks Bungles, so the only way for me to get to show the last game in the database was to add an empty line at the bottom. not sure y i had to add that but it worked once i did, i have attached the PC Games xml. i have also included the PC Games.ini i found from settings like u mention where it still doesnt allow me to alphabetize my list. so i did it manually

PC GAMES.xml

PC Games.ini

For me the OCD was the non-tabular indentation of Containers and Sub-Containers etc.

In coding space bar is the enemy a lot of the time haha.

<game name = "Alan Wake">
        <description>Alan Wake</description>
        <crc></crc>
        <manufacturer></manufacturer>
        <year>2010</year>
        <genre></genre>
    </game>
    <game name = "Batman Arkham Asylum">
        <description>Batman Arkham Asylum</description>
        <crc></crc>
        <manufacturer></manufacturer>
        <year>2009</year>
        <genre></genre>
    </game>

Nothing stops working but its a lot easier to read when all the objects are uniform etc.

I usually have..

<menu> Touching far left. (No Indent)

A single Tab for the <game

then a double tab for the contents <crc> <grenre> <year etc>

Then back to a single tab to end </game>

But to be fair, its just my issue. Others probably wouldn't care in the less as it still works fine. (Well Unless they are also OCD or Programmers etc.)

I think perhaps its because there was no index="true" in the beginning  <Game> tag(s).

<game name="Mass Effect 2" index="true" image="a">
        <description>1 - Mass Effect 2</description>
        <cloneof></cloneof>
        <crc></crc>
        <manufacturer>BioWare</manufacturer>
        <year>2010</year>
        <genre></genre>
        <rating>HSRS - MA (Mature Audience)</rating>
        <enabled>Yes</enabled>
    </game>

I think however in the example above Image= shouldn't be "a".. but I am still learning HS myself and how it works so maybe one of the veterans can correctly advise on that.

Archived